Automaton Question

Bengal

Can an automaton and its computer brain be housed in seperate bodies? If so, do they need Duplication or can a simple mind link do? Or do they need a mind link?

My specific examle is the Wizard's antigravity disk weapons, and his glove-mounted control device. Building the disks themselves is a good place to use automatons-as-followers, since they can act autonomously if not intelligently). But the control mechanism is stumping me. Any ideas?

Re: Automaton Question

Can an automaton and its computer brain be housed in seperate bodies? If so' date=' do they need Duplication or can a simple mind link do? Or do they need a mind link?My specific examle is the Wizard's antigravity disk weapons, and his glove-mounted control device. Building the disks themselves is a good place to use automatons-as-followers, since they can act autonomously if not intelligently). But the control mechanism is stumping me. Any ideas?[/quote']Mind Link is one option. You could also equip both with HRRP. Mechanon does this when he separates his head from his body.

Re: Automaton Question

Mind link or one of the Radio transmit senses would work fine. You can also just buy the Power as a Focus if the wizard always has the control mechanism on him and feeds commands directly to his discs. Of course, buying a computer that does that for him would keep giving out orders even if the wizard were Stunned or KOed or otherwise occupied.