banishment consecration and exorcism

freakboy6117

I'm working on my euroguard team and one of the members is the cross

sort of captain america with a dash of batman and azreal. the guardian of a sacred relic and memeber of a offshoot sect of the knight templar.

The relic not only enhaces the guardians physical prowess but allows hinm to perform healing and create zones of consecrated earth perform exorsisms and banishments.

I've had a lot of problems working out how best to build these powers so I'd like to ask the board for suggestions for holy power builds.

Re: banishment consecration and exorcism

sort of captain america with a dash of batman and azreal. the guardian of a sacred relic and memeber of a offshoot sect of the knight templar.

The relic not only enhaces the guardians physical prowess but allows hinm to perform healing and create zones of consecrated earth perform exorsisms and banishments.

I've had a lot of problems working out how best to build these powers so I'd like to ask the board for suggestions for holy power builds.

For banishment, two ways to write it up leap to mind:

Suppress or Dispel vs. Summon powers (Dispel seems more appropriate)

or

Extra-Dimensional Movement, Usable as Attack, Variable Dimensions, "Only to the target's original or native plane of existence". In a very odd twist, this will also let him return to Earth if he ever gets teleported to some other faraway place.

This is potentially incredibly unbalancing to games (since it lets him "send home" even extremely powerful creatures), so you could add "only to a subdued, Entangled, unconscious, or otherwise defeated target". This not only deals with the balance issue of him exorcising things he can't defeat, it also prevents him from short-circuiting adventures where he is the victim of extra-dimensional movement.

Re: banishment consecration and exorcism

I put my thoughts on how to do holy ground and banishment both in the Roman Catholic powers thread in Dark Champions forum. Check 'em out...