PBEM Recruiting:New York Knights

nexus

First off, I'm actually not the owner for this one. New York is a long running Champions game looking for up to 3 new players. The character generation guidelines are located here:

http://members.tripod.com/~phoenix_x13/chargen.html

Some world information is located here: (Warning, contains nudity and adult themes)

http://web.qx.net/nexus/Champions/Setting

Re: PBEM Recruiting:New York Knights

Stat    AVG     HIGH     MAX

STR     20       50       70
DEX     18       23       28
CON     20       30       35
BODY    10       15       20
INT     20       25       30
EGO     20       25       30
PRE     20       25       30

Just curious: is this a typo? Why so high INT and EGO?

Those are from a different, higher powered game than the NYK. Use the information from the first char gen link for this game. Sorry about that! :)

OK, we've already heard people comment on the stats where an average INT is 20. But what about the skills - 50 points is the minimum?

Wow, so what we've got are some very smart, very skilled heroes. A whole team full of Batman-types. Well, OK, maybe that's overstating it, but they're the smartest most well-rounded folks out there, that's for sure.

Unless of course your usual man in the street has a 20 INT and 50 points in skills.

Still, it certainly fires up the imagination. Very different style of folks.

OK, we've already heard people comment on the stats where an average INT is 20. But what about the skills - 50 points is the minimum?

Wow, so what we've got are some very smart, very skilled heroes. A whole team full of Batman-types. Well, OK, maybe that's overstating it, but they're the smartest most well-rounded folks out there, that's for sure.

Unless of course your usual man in the street has a 20 INT and 50 points in skills.

Still, it certainly fires up the imagination. Very different style of folks.

I'd ignore the average. I think they're a typo, because there's a couple of character I know don't have a 20 Int :)

Guest WhammeWhamme

I'd ignore the average. I think they're a typo' date=' because there's a couple of character I know don't have a 20 Int :)[/quote']

Er... just from reading it, that isn't 'average' so much as 'average maximum' - as high as you can go without having it be part of your schtick.

Er... just from reading it' date=' that isn't 'average' so much as 'average maximum' - as high as you can go without having it be part of your schtick.[/quote']

Yeah, I think you're on to something here. It does say that you can only have four stats in the high range without permission, implying that it's not really a high so much as a balance thing.