Raise Dead, how do you build?

Darkhope

Re: Raise Dead, how do you build?

You could always ignore the Resurrection Adder and require a Transform, just like you had to build it in 4th ed. With Transform now split into three categories you'd even have some flexibility as to how many types of Transform would be required to do the ressurection (different choices might be appropriate for different genres). You might also require the Transform to be All or Nothing.

NOTE: Or Summon with Specific Being, along with some other appropriate Advantages and Limitations.

You're confusing Usable On Other with Usable By Other. Yes' date=' a power Usable By Other would be useless to a corpse. But a power Usable On Other could be used [i']on[/i] the corpse.

It has been ruled that Regeneration [Edit] with the Resurrection Adder [/Edit] can work on a corpse. It has also been ruled that, at the GM's option, a UBO Power can be used "by" unconscious characters, if the Power would be beneficial to the character, at the control of the guy who has the UBO Power (this last is explicitly stated in FREd).

I don't have 5ER, but in FREd, there is some ambiguity here. It says you shouldn't apply Cumulative to Adjustment Powers that already have another way to increase their adjustment limit. Aid, Transfer, and Absorption have such another method. Drain has no adjustment limit. The only Adjustment powers left that Cumulative might be applied to are Suppress and Healing. If they meant that Cumulative can only be applied to Suppress, why didn't they say so? Why didn't they include it in the description of the Suppress Power, rather than the Adjustment Powers section? In my games, I have no problem with Cumulative Healing.

Cumulative can apply to Powers besides Adjustment Powers. Mental Powers, for instance.

Edit: Incidentally, I was always anti Cumulative Healing. I'm starting to come around.

And MitchellS is right that you don't have to restore the stiff to full health for resurrection to work. If a 10 BODY Joe is reduced to -12 BODY, he's dead. By the time you get back to recover his body, worms and decay have done an additional 3 BODY damage, so he's now at -15 BODY. If you can Heal him (with the Resurrection Adder) up to -9 BODY, now he's only mostly dead, and will still die without further attention. If you can get him up to 1 BODY, he'll eventually fully recover with bed rest and chicken soup. If your Healing isn't Cumulative and you've only got 5d6 of it, the best you can do is get him up to -5 BODY.

Medical attention of some kind is sufficient to stop BODY loss due to being at negative BODY, and I believe that even a 1d6 Healing is enough to be considered "medical attention" for that purpose. I'd rule that in this instance, healing him up to -9 BODY would be enough that he wouldn't automatically continue bleeding. He'd be down a long time unless you healed him further, though.

Cumulative can apply to Powers besides Adjustment Powers. Mental Powers' date=' for instance.[/quote']

Yes. But it's also listed under Adjustment Powers as being available for any Adjustment Power that doesn't have another way to increase it's maximum adjustment limit.

Medical attention of some kind is sufficient to stop BODY loss due to being at negative BODY, and I believe that even a 1d6 Healing is enough to be considered "medical attention" for that purpose. I'd rule that in this instance, healing him up to -9 BODY would be enough that he wouldn't automatically continue bleeding. He'd be down a long time unless you healed him further, though.

Healing up to -9 BODY and then leaving would not qualify as "medical attention" in my book. To me, medical attention means someone is continually providing care. The idea of being healed from -15 to -9 stoping the continuous loss of 1 BODY per phase is an idea from that other game system, which isn't part of HERO if I'm not mistaken. Of course, it is perfectly OK for a GM to rule that this would stop the "bleeding" and allow the patient to eventually recover. It is certainly appropriate in certain genres/subgenres/worlds/games.