Power Build Help

Reln

Ok this is a villian PC, we are playing the bad guys. He is a big regenerating scrapper with claws that grow from his fingers.

The claws an Currently a 2d+1 HKA, I want him to have to take a phase to grow the claws. He can not retract them he has too tear them out and grow a new set. Any ideas?

Re: Power Build Help

I agree with Mitchells. Full phase is -1/2, and only to activate cuts that in half, so -1/4. The need to break them rather than retract them has no game effect, so it's just SFX.

Presumably, you've already assessed any other limitations (like Restrainable) to be placed on the claws.

Re: Power Build Help

Perhaps a Side Effect that limits skill use and manual dexterity for detailed oriented tasks (imagine computer hacking with those babies on!)...most likely just a -1/4. Of course he could just tear them off, but then he'd have to regrow them. Id imagine it hard to grasp something very well or use fine control without destroying the item in question....just a thought.

I Inteded terring them out to be SFX...I also wanted there to be a END cost for growing them. Maybe x2 or x3.

As an HKA, the claws will already cost END to use.

Costs END Only To Activate is -1/4. That's 1/4 less than Costs END Every Phase. So maybe take a Increased END Cost Only To Activate that's -1/4 less than the Increased END Cost (every phase) limitation would be.