Rounding for nbkbruce

I have a question about applying experience points. Say you have an Energy Blast 3d6' date=' Armor Piercing(+1/2). Normally, it costs five CP to raise that by another 1d6, but do you have to factor in the Advantage, as well? So instead I would have to spend 5 x (1 1/2)=7.5=7 XP to raise my Energy Blast? Also, if you have let's say 30 STR, and a naked Reduced Endurance Advantage for it, and then you increase your STR by a couple points, you need to also increase the naked Advantage to cover the new level, correct? Thanks for your time![/quote']

This was posted over in Steve's Q&A forum, and I thought Steve's answer didn't quite fully address one point. (Far be it from me... blah blah blah)

If you have a 2d6 EB, Armor Piercing, which costs 15 points, and you decide to raise it by 1d6 to 3d6 AP, that costs 7 XP. (15 for the 3d6 EB, +7.5 for the AP, which is 22.5, rounded to 22, which, minus the 15 you've already spent, comes to 7.) However, should you wish to raise the EB by another 1d6, it will cost you 8 XP, not 7 - you have to pay for the rounding sometime. A 4d6 EB is 20, with AP it's 30. Since you've put in 22, now you have to pay the difference of 8.

Just thought I'd add that in, in case it wasn't clear to nbkbruce. Welcome!

Re: Rounding for nbkbruce

Poor nbkbruce. I just sent him a private message on Setve's response to that post too (although on a different point). Must think we are all a bit needy with nothing to do. :)

Or friendly,helpful and welcoming. Yeah, that's it.

Go with the second thought. Sounds better from a marketing point of view. ;)