HOWTO: Arrow of Teleportation

Rigel

Hey guys, I am looking for some advice on how I could build a spell to accomplish the following effect. This archer characters casts a spell and shoots an arrow into the air. The character is then teleported to the hex where the arrow lands. Should this be two powers (RKA and TP) linked? Or would you just buy teleportation with a gestures limitation on the RKA?

Here is one possibility, but I would love to hear other opinions.

Arrow of Teleportation: Teleportation 20", x8 Noncombat, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4) (62 Active Points); OAF Fragile (Bow & Arrow; -1 1/4), Only to Location Where Arrow Lands (-3/4), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), Requires an Arcane Archer Roll (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4). Real Cost: 14 points

Thanks!

Re: HOWTO: Arrow of Teleportation

neverend's construct is the right way to go with this power. If you want to actually hit a guy with it, well, it's still an arrow, even if it is a Focus. I'd rule it as a creative use of power. Especially since you're going to end up in HTH range with a bunch of people you've just annoyed, and you with your bow in your hands...

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help and I like your construct better too.

The noncombat movement was on there to get a cheap way of increasing the range. Since the bow has a range of 200", it would be nice to be able to cross a river of a chasm by using this spell. 30" is about 200 yds, which is great in combat. Anyway, that was the rationale.

Yes, I would stay away from the RKA cause then you could end up porting in to a guy you just shot and that would be...............well..................GROSS!

I really like the idea though. I was running FH a little while ago and gave the Foil a set of small boxes that would port anything put in one box to the other box. A great way to move stolen loot and information.