Stray "critical hit" thought

Re: Stray "critical hit" thought

I've been using critical hit rules for several years now and all it's done is make the game more exciting. I do have them apply to NPCs as well, but only the major characters. Basically I consider the ability to make a critical hit a perk of being a major character. So far my players haven't complained about having been hit by a critical, and I certainly don't complain when they lucky punch a bad guy because of a critical. One critical, even one per combat (which doesn't happen as often as Sean would lead you to think), will rarely tilt the balance.

Re: Stray "critical hit" thought

I've been using critical hit rules for several years now and all it's done is make the game more exciting. I do have them apply to NPCs as well' date=' but only the major characters. Basically I consider the ability to make a critical hit a perk of being a major character. So far my players haven't complained about having been hit by a critical, and I certainly don't complain when they lucky punch a bad guy because of a critical. One critical, even one per combat (which doesn't happen as often as Sean would lead you to think), will rarely tilt the balance.[/quote']

I agree... I have not had a player complain, either way. And I do allow agents to get the "perfect hit" in... if they roll it.

In my previous campaign, one of the players realized that if his character (Impulse, who had a DEX 53) was actually hit by many of his opponents , they would probably kill him (he had low defenses, other than DCV). This was especially true for a side-kick of the team, who had a massively powerful energy blast (but mostly only good for one shot).

However, it was an observation... not a complaint.