I'm Turnin' to Stone

Dust Raven

Re: I'm Turnin' to Stone

NOW...

On the other hand, maybe the transform is one of those nasty magical spells that only the meanest of Villains use... the ones that leave the victim's brain perfectly functional sort of a full body paralysis that nonetheless involves the guy being a hunk of rock. Worse it may indeed leave the poor chump capable of sensing with some or all of his senses.

Then the villain could gloat, use the hero in demeaning fashion (say as a Doorstop or garden statue to show off to his friends) or just leave him for the birds and insects to play with for a few millennia.

I would....

:eg:

I've done that... It's kinda fun to say "Segment 5 DEX 20...Shonin you're up. On your Phase the echoey voice continues to taunt you as you are forced to watch... DEX 15, the Agents open fire in general on the rest of the team using Shonin for cover."

The repercussions...

Aftermath:

Brick: 'I can't believe you thought turning me to stone was a good idea!'

Stoner: 'Hey! I thought he was going to Mind Control you to wail on us, dude!'

Brick: 'Those guys he did Control would have smashed me to bits!'

Stoner: 'How was I to know there was a construction site nearby with workers doing demolition work?'

---

Encounter with Mentalist #2

*Brick sees Mentalist, then grabs Stoner and throws him at Mentalist, taking them both out.

Martial Artist: 'What the hell did you do that for?'

Brick: 'Thought I'd get rid of the two biggest threats to us winning.'

---

ELSEWHERE, THE DARK PALACE OF GORGON-MASTER...

Gorgon: 'Heroes? Yes, I get a few from time to time, Shadow Lord... they tend to brighten the place up.'

Shadow Lord: '...pardon? I've always found them to be an infernal nuisiance...'

Gorgon: 'Not at all at all... step this way...'

*Gorgon-Master leads Sahdow Lord to his Throne Room, and points out the sides where he has life-sized statues in dynamic poses.

Shadow Lord: 'Why do you have statues of heroes in your... wait...'

*Shadow Lord senses life energies within the statues...

'Well well... I see what you mean... hahaha...'

Gorgon-Master: 'When I'm feeling down I come to my Throne Room and gaze upon my collection... sometimes I talk to them. They hear all my dealings, my plans for conquest...'

*Gorgon steps up to one and gives it a loving pat on the shoulder.

'They just can't do a thing about it... can you, Barbarian?'

Re: The repercussions...

ELSEWHERE, THE DARK PALACE OF GORGON-MASTER...

Gorgon: 'Heroes? Yes, I get a few from time to time, Shadow Lord... they tend to brighten the place up.'

Shadow Lord: '...pardon? I've always found them to be an infernal nuisiance...'

Gorgon: 'Not at all at all... step this way...'

*Gorgon-Master leads Sahdow Lord to his Throne Room, and points out the sides where he has life-sized statues in dynamic poses.

Shadow Lord: 'Why do you have statues of heroes in your... wait...'

*Shadow Lord senses life energies within the statues...

'Well well... I see what you mean... hahaha...'

Gorgon-Master: 'When I'm feeling down I come to my Throne Room and gaze upon my collection... sometimes I talk to them. They hear all my dealings, my plans for conquest...'

*Gorgon steps up to one and gives it a loving pat on the shoulder.

'They just can't do a thing about it... can you, Barbarian?'

I am soooo stealing that for an upcoming adventure. :eg:

Over the past several years, the city's heroes have been slowly vanishing...

The evil turns-people-into-living-statues-man is finally ready to unleash is fiendish plot. Meanwhile...

At the heroes base, the mentalist (or other psychicly sensitive type) hears a mental call of distress. It's faint... something about evil turns-people-into-living-statues-man a large diamond and a rubber hose... it's not very clear. Curious, the young mentalist tries to Mind Scan for the source... what he finds is the location of the villain's HQ and a desperate need to rescue the trapped heroes. Heroes who know of evil turns-people-into-living-statues-man's plan and how to stop it.

Re: The repercussions...

I am soooo stealing that for an upcoming adventure. :eg:

Over the past several years, the city's heroes have been slowly vanishing...

The evil turns-people-into-living-statues-man is finally ready to unleash is fiendish plot. Meanwhile...

At the heroes base, the mentalist (or other psychicly sensitive type) hears a mental call of distress. It's faint... something about evil turns-people-into-living-statues-man a large diamond and a rubber hose... it's not very clear. Curious, the young mentalist tries to Mind Scan for the source... what he finds is the location of the villain's HQ and a desperate need to rescue the trapped heroes. Heroes who know of evil turns-people-into-living-statues-man's plan and how to stop it.

Yeah. And it would be fun for a new player to play one of the heros who has long been a statue in evil turns-people-into-living-statues-man's chambers. Boy, would that lead to some interesting Psychological Limitations, Knowledges, Hunteds, etc.

Re: I'm Turnin' to Stone

I can see it now... Mentalist & Co defeat Evil-Gorgon-Man and return all those heroes back to their original forms.

One of whom dates back to the Golden Age Champions setting... All-American Man struggles to get to grips with decades as a statue... his family have all but given him up for dead, or have themselves passed on... technology (at least apart from that he's seen in the villain's chamber) is sooo different...

His old hunteds are now dead, ancient, or obscenely powerful... perhaps one or two are now good guys.... What's more All-American has a few phobias... one of which involves paralysis/petrification or to a lesser extent falling asleep...