Traveller Book 3 Equipment

tancred

Re: Traveller Book 3 Equipment

Thank you; just trying to do my part.

I'm sure there are bunches of stuff from the other books that could and should be added. I only have the LBBs, so I started there.

We definitely need to include a note to look at Terran Empire and Spacers' Toolkit. I haven't quite figured out the cost multiplier, though; it looks to me like the TE-STK equipment is about 5 times as expensive as the Traveller gear. (Which would mean you should divide the cost of TE-STK gear by 5 to use it in Traveller, if I'm guessing right.)

Also, I think we should note that the Nanotechnology and Body Modifications don't fit Traveller, at least not Classic Traveller. Although they could be an interesting variant.

That's where we have to be careful, all right. I had to go back to my doc and prefab and remove more stuff than I had to work up.

My vote would be, if it's in TE, STK (or even Alien Wars), don't include it, just reference it.

If a piece of equipment is only in a Traveller book, or is used differently in Traveller, include it. If the write-up in Traveller is significantly different than that in the Hero book, include it.

My Cr2.

Has anybody looked at the cost of Terran Empire / Spacers' Toolkit gear vs. the cost of Traveller equipment?

It looks like, on my first pass, that TE-STK equipment is about 5 times as expensive as the corresponding Traveller equipment.

This is only a rough estimate. Some of the weapons, in particular, the multiplier looks more like 7-9 times.

(It's also probable that the multiplier varies by category, as the costs given in STK do.)

I thought that we ought to include a note about converting the cost, when we reference TE-STK.