X Men Colossus and his Osmium Form

CDad

Re: X Men Colossus and his Osmium Form

Multiform is the wrong way to go IMO. Pete retains all of his memories' date=' personality and skills in both forms.[/quote']

Nothing prevents you from buying the same memories, personality and skills in both forms. It's just a SPX choice that results in a cleaner character sheet.

And from a game play PoV, if someone dispelled his Density Increase of your example (rather easy given it's Active Points), he's hosed. Much harder to dispell his multi-form.

To go around this, you could add 'Hard to Dispell' to his DI.

Why add the Trigger btw, he could just turn the power on?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing prevents you from buying the same memories, personality and skills in both forms. It's just a SPX choice that results in a cleaner character sheet.

I didn't say anything prevented you from doing so, I just think it's a pain in the ass. I love multiform for when the forms have different memories, skills and so forth. Not so much when they are supposed to be mentally the same.

Lets say Pete's human form has PS: Artist, 'cause he does ya know...er.. bub... anyhow, if the player decides to increase the skill, you spend one point for Pete's human form. Now to keep things the same, you have to increase it for the armored form too. So you spend 1 more point to increasse Pete's Multiform, which results in you actully having 5 pts to spend to improve the multiform.

So suddenly every time Pete add's a point to PS: Artist, his armored form just happens to also gain 4 pts of STR as well ;)

And from a game play PoV, if someone dispelled his Density Increase of your example (rather easy given it's Active Points), he's hosed. Much harder to dispell his multi-form.

I guess that depends on how bing you make the Multiform...

Hard to Dispell would not be a bad option mind you, I just didn't think of it at the time. I also wasn't sure what kind of exotic defenses were goign to be added, since that seems to vary a lot from campaign to campaign.

If my memory serves, Colossus had his powers screwed with on a number of occasions...

Why add the Trigger btw, he could just turn the power on?

Because for some reason I had it in my head that DI took longer then a Zero Phase action to activate, which I believe it does for our groups DI using Brick. But that is probably a Lim he took now that I think about it.

Like I said, no book in front of me :(

But feel free to add Difficult to Dispel x3 in it's place to keep the point totals the same ;)

Lets say Pete's human form has PS: Artist' date=' 'cause he does ya know...er.. bub... anyhow, if the player decides to increase the skill, you spend one point for Pete's human form. Now to keep things the same, you have to increase it for the armored form too. So you spend 1 more point to increasse Pete's Multiform, which results in you actully having 5 pts to spend to improve the multiform. [/quote']

I suppose if I was in a campaign where Pete was earning XP and using it point by point for improvement that could be a concern.

But I don't have such a campaign. Pete is Pete, he has whatever point total he needs to represent that concept in the game. So the issue would never come up.

Even if I went the route of "Here's a starting Pete, here's the Pete you're advancing to", it likely wouldn't come up as the points would be spent in lumps such that the concept would be maintained. As a side note, I find controlling XP progression in HERO to be a pain no matter the build.

So this stands as a good example of different needs for different types of campaigns. All is good.

Sometime builds are done as much for convenience as they are for need.

BTW, any idea why the OHOTMU chose Osmium?

Keith "better mutants through chemistry" Curtis

IIRC Clairmont could't have both Colossus and Wolverine sporting Admantium. He had to make up an alloy almost as strong, so he coined "omnium steel." This somehow got mutated into osmium.

If you decide to go that route, I'd use

1) +35 STR, Linked (Osmium Form; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; Lesser Power need not be used proportionally to Power with which it is Linked; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; Lesser Instant Power can be used in any Phase in which greater Constant Power is in use; +0)

for the linked limitation, simply because you are most likely to ALWAYS be in Osmium form, so taking a 0-Sum Limitation seems correct.