Character Sheet Layout

Guest taxboy4

Guest taxboy4

A different approach?

A guy in my group is a whiz with numbers and detail - he has put together a very good character sheet.

Now I liked his sheet but had one major thought - as we are playing RP game - shouldn't all the game world boxes be first and be on the first page..

i.e. a physical discription, his foibles, a physical discription of his skills, then his numbers following - what do people think..

..I mean I even toy with the fact after PC has generated pc he only has in game info...none of the numbers?

Thoughts?

Re: Character Sheet Layout

It could be this is how the character appears to the rest of the world. It's his public profile. His actual abilities would be known only to him and (I think) you, as the GM. Since he hasn't done any number crunching yet, perhaps you two can work on that part together, so you're both on the same page.

A different approach?

A guy in my group is a whiz with numbers and detail - he has put together a very good character sheet.

Now I liked his sheet but had one major thought - as we are playing RP game - shouldn't all the game world boxes be first and be on the first page..

i.e. a physical discription, his foibles, a physical discription of his skills, then his numbers following - what do people think..

..I mean I even toy with the fact after PC has generated pc he only has in game info...none of the numbers?

Thoughts?

I like this idea immensely. I suppose that you could take this concept a bit further for a group willing to do so and totally 'black box' the PC sheet allowing only the GM access to it (even the player might be willing to part from the mechanical end). That way the PC isn't thinking, 'OK my DEX is 23 and I have two CSLs in my attack so if I use a 'Sweep' Maneuver I'd get...', but instead is thinking "Should I try to take this foe out in a straight on strike even though I don't yet know his defesnive capabilities?" Or something to that effect.

Yes, I like this idea immensely. Good one.

Guest taxboy4

I like this idea immensely. I suppose that you could take this concept a bit further for a group willing to do so and totally 'black box' the PC sheet allowing only the GM access to it (even the player might be willing to part from the mechanical end). That way the PC isn't thinking, 'OK my DEX is 23 and I have two CSLs in my attack so if I use a 'Sweep' Maneuver I'd get...', but instead is thinking "Should I try to take this foe out in a straight on strike even though I don't yet know his defesnive capabilities?" Or something to that effect.

Yes, I like this idea immensely. Good one.

Cheers. Mate

I think I'm going to post it on my game's thread here in NZ and I'm real keen to go ahead with my seperation of DEx from ocv and dcv also..those values start at 3 and can be increased by skill levels only - DEx isa used for dex skills only...