Boudicca and The Lion of Shaolin

OddHat

A friend suggested cross-posting these to the dark champion forum. Bth would need tweaks to fit into a high powered DC campaign; I'll suggest some after the posts.

The easiest way to work The Lion into a DC campaign is to drop his Kai attak MP, and then reduce his Dex to a bit under campaign max and his SPD to 4. If you still need to save points or downpower him, drop all of his Stats to NCM, and trim a DC off of his MA. The core concept of a high-STR pain resistant Martial atrist should be held onto as much as possible. The Lion is modled on heroes including Shaft, Blackbelt Jones, Remo Williams, the landlady from Kung-Fu Hustle, and the original Black Canary.

Re: Boudicca and The Lion of Shaolin

To work Boudicca into a DC campaign, replace her Weapon MPs with real weapons, and drop her Dex and SPD down to the maximum you allow in your campaign. Her core concept is that of a very fast, very tough sniper and weapons mistress. Inspirations inclded the original Green Arrow, The Lord of the Flies, and The Island of Dr.Moreau.

HDC files for both characters are available in the Supers with Pics thread in my sig file.

Bouddicca knows Jeet Kun Do? Not Celtic Fighting Arts?

It was easy to come up with a way for a modern American to learn Jeet Kun Do or Krav Maga; I've never seen a school that teaches Ancient Celtic Fighting Arts. ;)

(I do conceed that there may be some out there)

It was easy to come up with a way for a modern American to learn Jeet Kun Do or Krav Maga; I've never seen a school that teaches Ancient Celtic Fighting Arts. ;)

(I do conceed that there may be some out there)

Maybe she's a direct matrilineal decendent of Siagatch, who have passed the arts down from mother to daughter for 2,500 years? :D

Maybe she's a direct matrilineal decendent of Siagatch' date=' who have passed the arts down from mother to daughter for 2,500 years? :D[/quote']

Doesn't fit the origin story, but it can be changed if it suits the campaign. ;)

Is there a write-up of Celtic Fighting Arts anywhere?

Use the write up for Weapon Art (iirc) from UMA. You'l have to come up with Celtic names, but the maneuvers are about right. I'd drop the maneuvers used with shields, unless there's also some Roman influence in the style.

Oooh! Now I've got to look into some feat names to go with the maneuvers. Hmmm... I wonder if I can find some in my Pagan Shore supplement (for Pendragon)?

Highland games traditionally included some bare-fist boxing and wrestling as well; it's probably reasonable to add Pankration into a Celtic Martial Arts package. Also, the listing in UMA I was thinking of is Weapons Combat.

Look at GURPS Celtic Campaigns for a few ideas. Look at the tales of Cuchulainn's hero training on Scatha's Isle and the training and entrance requirements for the Fianna under Finn MacCumhal for more. Then look into the Fighting techniques adopted by Brian Boru from the Norse invaders. Check out how they evolved into the fighting style of the Galloglaigh class of professional soliders from the 12th through early 17th centuries. Before the years of systematic cultural suppression, the Celts developed some fairly fancy fighting styles. Not real team oriented, but big on over the top heroism.

Or go the Mike Myers route and use a lot of grunting and head butting :D