Quick advice on how to build a power

zippercomics

Hey all,

Quick question here. I've ogt a power set I'd like to try, but I gotta give it some thought as to how to go about building it. I was hoping someone here could give me some tips as to how to accomplish this goal. Notice that I want this power to subscribe to at least these one tenant: simple is better. If there's a way that works, and it doesn't involve a bunch of modifiers n' such, that'd be cool. Chances are, I'm missing a really obvious solution, I just can't seem to think of it.

So here goes.

A little robot. It's really a little mobile battery pack. It's very fragile, very slow, but what makes it unique is that it plugs into bigger, more dangerous robots. Ergo, these big dangerous robots roll around doing all this fighting. When they're destroyed, there's a chance (not 100% chance) that the power pack robot will unplug itself and rush over to another "empty" robot, thereby activating it. In theory, if the PCs don't deal with the "battery pack robots", they could be fighting big dangerous robots for quite some time.

Seems like some form of Multiform to me, but I just don't know. Advice would be appreciated. Merci.

Re: Quick advice on how to build a power

You could build the bigger robots as vehicles and give the smaler robots Driving skills. That would seem to work.

You could give the combo robot (effectively the big and little one combined) a Summon that's triggered by KO'ing the big robot. Extra Time (to reflect the time it take sthe little robot to get there) and a limitation that it can be prevented if the little 'bot is stopped would seem appropriate limitations.

Re: Quick advice on how to build a power

Hmm. Seems to me that the big robots are just foci to increase the power of the battery robots.

I'd buy the battery robots, then upgrade them with OIF foci (big robot body). I'd also have a BODY/STUN aid, only when plugged into new robot body, to indicate the improved defensive situation the battery robot finds itself in when it gets a new shell to inhabit.

When a big robot is destroyed then the battery robot has to move to get to a new focus to improve its stats and defences again.

Doc