Evangelion Stats...

NotSoSuperman

Out of plain curiosity, I ran a search of the boards for Neon Genesis Evangelion Eva stats and came up with... nothing. Given the number of HERO players out there who live for generating statistics for various characters, items, etc., I have to say that I'm a bit surprised. Does anyone out there have a write-up for one of the 400-foot-tall, nigh-invulnerable behemoths?

(BTW, it's not like I need it for a game or anything. I'm just interested in seeing some people's takes on the Evas)

Re: Evangelion Stats...

I have thought about tackling this but just haven't had the time. I think it would be pretty complex. Most of the time they are just giant walking vehicles. But then at others the "spirit" or whatever you want to call it wakes-up and you end up with an incredibly powerful entity that the pilot may or may not have any control over. Its kind of like the Pheonix/Dark Pheonix thing. I kept hoping that GOO would get around to putting out the NGE fan guides since their data might give me a good starting point but I fear they may never get published now that GOO is in such financial trouble.

I've never read any of the Eva guides (all "unofficial" as far as I know -- not that it matters), but would definitely like to see one written from a gaming standpoint. I seem to remember a GOO press release from a couple years back stating that they had obtained the Eva rights, but later coming out with news stating that they had subsequently lost the property. A shame, really.

Hmmm...lets give it a quick go:

Size: Cat-18(90) 64" tall (or 128 meters tall. very close)

STR: 100(0) based on Size. Pretty close, probably much higher

DEX: 25(45) Based on their agility in the show.

SPD: 6 (25) Based on their reaction speed in the show

BOD: 42(14) Based on their toughness in the show. VERY difficult to take down

DEF: 50(144) Based on the fact that ground zero at a nuclear explosion wouldn't even scratch one.

Note: The DEF of 50 is just its natural defense. It has additional armor as well (Its "bindings") so ground zero of a 20D6K explosion (70 Body average) won't do any damage.

Thats a start. Now if someone only had the time to flesh out the specifics....like the control system. How would you handle that?