Help with TK/Mental Powers

Hi,

Got a player in my game that has a mentalist with telekinesis. He gave me a list of powers that he would like to purchase with Exp at a later date and I thought I would show the list here for you guys to help because you are so ummm, helpful.

Here goes.

Trip: Lowers DCV

Clothes Line: Same as trip with damage

Wedgie: NND attack

Noggie: ?

Dropping Pants: Entangle+Disrobing?

Possible variation on Mind Control.... body control, take control of limbs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Help with TK/Mental Powers

Hi,

Got a player in my game that has a mentalist with telekinesis. He gave me a list of powers that he would like to purchase with Exp at a later date and I thought I would show the list here for you guys to help because you are so ummm, helpful.

Well thanks, I try to be.

Here goes.

Okay, shoot!

Hmmm. He can "Trip" opponents alread through his TK. He can do a "Throw" maneuver to knock his opponents to the ground, where they have significant DCV penalties until they get up or make a successful Acrobatics roll (which simulate the ability to fight while Prone or Ground Fighting as they call it in the Martial Arts)

However if he want to build this specifically as a seperate power he can do so using 1 Hex area Change Environment with DCV penalties. If he wants to affect multiple individuals simply increase the Area of Effect, possibly with Selective added to it.

Again, this already can be done with the TK power. Perhaps bought as the Martial Maneuver Takedown which does STR damage and knocks the opponent to the ground, but better still is Martial Throw which hits the Target for STR damage plus the Targets own velocity in addition to knocking them down (Note: using Martial Maneuvers with TK is legal, unless this has been changed in 5ER)

Ouch! yeah, I suppose that might be an NND style attack. Or better still, how about a TK-fist in your butt! Simpley write this one up as an Energy Blast: NND, Indirect (+1/4) and you should be good to go.

If this attack isn't meant to do body damage...I'd write it up as EB, Indirect, Stun only. Do this one as a Multiple Power attack with normal TK. use TK to grab then the "Noggie" attack. Really is this guy trying to simply humiliate opponents?

I guess he is trying to humiliate his opponents.

I'd write this one up as Negaitve CSL's Usable as an attack, based on a Trigger, the trigger being a successful Grab via TK. The skill levels go away when the target takes 1/2 phase pull his pants back up. I'd make the CSL's as OCV and DCV penalties, because its hard to shoot and punch when one can't place their feet properly for balance and stability.

This can already be done via TK (handy little power, that). Make a successful TK grab roll then each phase make a STR vs STR contest. If the TK STR wins the contest, you can "Puppeteer" the target around by controlling their limbs and making them move how you want. Pretty cool, huh?

Of course, this can also be done via normal Mind Control. Depending on what you want their limbs to do, it could be anywere from EGO+ to EGO+20.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, there's my suggestions. I'm sure others will be here soon with variations on them or entirely new takes. Thats how these things tend to go around here...

1- Change environment 1" usable as attack: +1 [you decide how much dvc is lost when purchasing the power].

2- -x DCV negative combatl levels, ranged: +1/2

3- Just use TK to "throw" someone over without doing damage.

1- Martial throw or takedown [TK only so you don't pay the extra point].

2- Just use TK to "throw" someone over but do TK strength damage.

1- 2d6 NND continuous uncontrolled 0 end [turns off when takes takes a phase to readjust self].

2- Martial nerve strike [as with throw]

3- Run it as a special effect with GM requiring to target underwear at -2

1- Use TK to grab and rub instead of grab and squeeze or throw.

2- Martial art Crush maneuver

1- Full instant change, usable as attack

1- TK with just strength versus strength. If the target is too weak to resist then he can't do anything but go along. I'd require fine manipulation though.

There's a ranged trip maneuver in the UMA. I'd allow the character to buy the maneuver with the understanding that they had to have their TK turned on (i.e., spend endurance to pay for the strength being used).

There's a ranged trip maneuver in the UMA. I'd allow the character to buy the maneuver with the understanding that they had to have their TK turned on (i.e.' date=' spend endurance to pay for the strength being used).[/quote']

You can use HTH martial arts maneuvers with TK if you purchase them. They don't need to be the ranged versions. To be able to use them HTH and TK you need to pay 1 point extra like you would a weapon familiarity. If you only want to use them as TK you don't need to spend the extra point.

You can use HTH martial arts maneuvers with TK if you purchase them. They don't need to be the ranged versions. To be able to use them HTH and TK you need to pay 1 point extra like you would a weapon familiarity. If you only want to use them as TK you don't need to spend the extra point.

:yes:

I remember back on the old message boards when I brought up the idea of using HtH Martial Maneuvers with TK. I was very nearly lynched.

It sounds to me like all of these can be done with Martial maneuvers; even the NND (though it may have slightly different SFX than the Choke Hold, it could use the same mechanics). Some of them might even be doable with a Power Skill and no Martial maneuver (especially if the TK has Fine Manipulation). Myself, I probably wouldn't allow all of those things using the Power Skill method, though.