sword and sorcery (valdorian age)

steph

i want to start a game in the valdorian age but i realize i never gm a low magic game and i needs ideas for how start......someone here got a idea or tricks for start this kind of campain i want to start in elweir city but in 4 characters only one are from this region .....help:)

stef the french canadian

Re: sword and sorcery (valdorian age)

Low magic campaigns are actually very easy to run...probably easier than higher magic levels, because the players are less likely to have plot-breaking powers, and you don't need to create all kinds of magic artifacts to wave at them as incentive.

Without knowing any more details about your characters, I'd say that basing most of the action in Gibberish or in the Foreign Quarter would be the best bet for you, at least starting out.

Re: sword and sorcery (valdorian age)

Ask the players of the non-Elweirian characters if their character would have a reason to visit Elweir. No reason you should have to do all the work of getting the characters together, let the players do some of it :) . Once you know why everyone's there, you can either put together a short "Meet The Other PCs" scenario or, if there's too much potential conflict in the PCs plans, go back to your players and ask if they really want half the party trying to kill the other half.