Shameless Plug

Guest Confusinator

Re: Shameless Plug

The Amazing Adventures Pulp campaign has been revived (hopefully). I'm working on the website again. I hope some of you will find the information on it useful.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ddoepke/index.html

I will take requests if anyone wants to see more specific content.

Is Donald himself helming the charge? If so... Pof Olman wants to say, "Yo!"

Ever thought about running a PBEM/PBP version of your pulp game???

:love:

Congrats, Confusing One! "Amazing Adventures!" (you forgot the exclamation point) ;) is a very good website that I've referred a lot of pulp-HERO gamers to. I've seen your updates and the site is looking tres :cool: .

I hope your new campaign gets off the ground... both for your benefit and for the new stuff you'll doubtless put on the AA site for us to play with. :D

Guest Confusinator

Is Donald himself helming the charge? If so... Pof Olman wants to say, "Yo!"

:love:

I sure am! Long time no hear, email me and let me know how things have been!

If I can get back into the groove of things, I might consider a PBEM game. I'll have to see how things go.

Guest Confusinator

Congrats, Confusing One! "Amazing Adventures!" (you forgot the exclamation point) ;) is a very good website that I've referred a lot of pulp-HERO gamers to. I've seen your updates and the site is looking tres :cool: .

I hope your new campaign gets off the ground... both for your benefit and for the new stuff you'll doubtless put on the AA site for us to play with. :D

I've seen some of those posts, and I appreciate your support. :rockon:

Shameless Hair Plug

Desperate for a PBEM game? Confusinator was one of the scurvy dogs in my Pirates campaign and I should be making an appearance in his Pulp game shortly. Maybe we need to set something up.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Shameless Hair Plug

Yes... I believe we do...

I will seek out the dreaded Donald's email address from his site!

This is cool!

As an aside, I wouldn't say I'm desperate... I am playing in a pretty good game or three. I've just got a long history with Confusinator (though not with that identity) and really liked the sound or your Pirate game.

Seemed Simulationist and moody. Pretty cool stuff, IMO.

Seamless PlugGame on this weekend! Hmmmm. This could look like post padding. I better include something relevant...like say...my character!Wallace NoxImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Val Char Cost
20 STR 10
20 DEX 30
20 CON 20
17 BODY 14
13 INT 3
14 EGO 8
20 PRE 10
20 COM 5
8/10 PD 4
4/6 ED 0
3 SPD 0
10 REC 4
40 END 0
37 STUN 0
8" RUN42" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 112
Cost Power END
15 Boxing: Multipower, 15-point reserve
1u 1) Accurate Punch: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2) (15 Active Points) applied to STR
1u 2) Clinch: +15 STR (15 Active Points); Limited Power Only For Martial Maneuvers (-1/4) 1
1u 3) Combination: Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points) applied to STR
1u 4) Counter Punch: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Damage Shield (+1/2) (15 Active Points) applied to STR
1u 5) Cross: (Total: 14 Active Cost, 11 Real Cost) HA +2d6 (10 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7) plus +2 with any single Strike (Real Cost: 4) 1
1u 6) Hitting Below the Belt: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), NND (Rigid Armor; +1/2) (15 Active Points) applied to STR
1u 7) Hook: HA +3d6 (15 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 1
1u 8) Jab: (Total: 15 Active Cost, 13 Real Cost) HA +1d6 (5 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) plus +2 with DCV (Real Cost: 10) 1
1u 9) Rabbit Punch: HKA 1d6 (2d6 w/STR) (15 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) 1
1u 10) Working the Body: Drain END 1 1/2d6 (15 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) 1
5 Recovers Quickly: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 6 Hours (-2 1/2), Self Only (-1/2) 0
6 Tough As Nails: Armor (2 PD/2 ED) 0
Powers Cost: 36
Cost Skill
0 AK: Kansas 8-
1 AK: Union Station 8-
0 Acting 8-
0 Climbing 8-
0 Concealment 8-
0 Conversation 8-
0 Deduction 8-
1 KS: Boxing 8-
1 KS: Military World 8-
3 Mechanics 12-
1 PS: Boxer 8-
1 PS: Farmer 8-
0 PS: Laborer (Everyman) 11-
1 PS: Marine 8-
0 Paramedics 8-
0 Persuasion 8-
0 Shadowing 8-
3 Stealth 13-
3 WF: Small Arms, Blades
Skills Cost: 15
Cost Perk
4 Obvious continuity violation
Perks Cost: 4
Cost Talent
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
Talents Cost: 6
Val Disadvantages
25 DNPC: Ida and Betty Nox (Mother and Sister) 8- (Incompetent; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)
10 Distinctive Features: Tall, blonde and Handsome (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Hunted: Jim "Boss Tom" Pendergast 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
0 Normal Characteristic Maxima
10 Psychological Limitation: Curious (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Impulsive (Very Common, Moderate)
Disadvantage Points: 75

Base Points: 100Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 173

Height: 1.91 m Hair: Blonde
Weight: 100.00 kg Eyes: Blue
Appearance: Personality: Wallace loves his mother and sister dearly and would do anything to protect them. Beyond that, he is brash and naive seeing the world as mostly black and white. He would like to pursue a boxing career but has to provide a stable paycheck for his family.Quote:Background: Wallace was born to Daniel and Ida Nox in Spring Hill Kansas. His father died of influenza when he was only 13. Wallace had to take over running the farm. Times were hard and the bank foreclosed on the farm. Desperate to put food on the table for his mother and sister, Wallace joined the Marines and sent most of his paycheck back home. While in the Marines he took up Boxing which his size and dexterity made him a natural at.

When World War I started up, Wallace was sent to France. Ida hated having her son so far away and worse yet, in a war. She pleaded with him to leave the Marines and come back home. So immediately after the war, Wallace left the Marines and moved with his family to Kansas City where he found a job as a maintenance worker at the newly constructed Union Station. At night, he continued pursuing boxing at the local gym.

When Jim “Boss Tom†Pendergras organized a strike, Wallace refused to walk out; one because he needed his paycheck and two because he wanted nothing to do with the corruption involved. Wallace and Boss Tom crossed paths a few months later when Wallace refused to keep quiet about a murder he witnessed. The murderer worked for Boss Tom. The police were in Boss Tom’s pocket and the prosecution’s case would have fell through if not for the testimony Wallace gave on the stand.

A year later, Wallace put a couple of Boss Tom’s cronies in the hospital when he caught them beating up a prostitute, earning him even more of Boss Tom’s ire.

Boss Tom used his considerable influence to have Wallace fired from his job at Union Station and made sure to it that Wallace never finds work in Kansas City again.

Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: 

• 2 weeks later...