Help on character requested.

Hello Hero people.

A player of mine building a character for a game and i've got a couple of issues. I would like to get the opinions of the wise :

Background : loosely based on a small part of Marvel's Mandarin story. A long time ago; a powerful wizard managed to trap a powerful genie inside 10 magical rings. The PC found five of the rings and now used to fight for justice and all this kind of things.

Powers

Each ring is able to

- Call one of the genie's power (a multipower)

- to transform itself into a sentient double of the wearer at command. while in this form, the ring can only use its own power and the wearer cannot use this ring as long as it doesn't return to him -which he can do simply by calling it back to him -

My current questions

a) How much would you charge for the limitation "Only One duplicate can use a slot at a time and each slot must be fixed at the moment of duplication" ?

i'm hesitating between -1/4 and -1/2

B) how would you handle duplication with a focus ? what happens if the focus is taken away from a duplicate ? especially if the character is not able to call back his double at this time ?

c) What do you think of the concept as a whole ? have you some ideas to improve it ? (in game terms and in RP terms)

"The Five Rings of Power", all slots IIF (Rings; -1/4)

1) "Five Rings, One Mind": Duplication (creates 4 300-point Duplicates), Easy Recombination (0-Phase Action at Full DCV), Ranged Recombination (+1/2); Feedback (Full) (; -1), Incantations (-1/4), IIF (Rings; -1/4)

2) "Five Rings; One mInd": Mind Link , Specific Group of Minds, Any distance, Number of Minds (x4), Psychic Bond; Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), IIF (Rings; -1/4)

"The Five Rings of Power": Multipower, 50-point reserve, Only One duplicate can use a slot at a time; Each slot must be fixed at the moment of duplication (-1/4)

4u

1) "The Ring of The Celestial Wrath": EB 10d6; IIF (Ring 1; -1/4)

4u

2) "The ring of The Celestial Shield": FW (10 PD/10 ED); IIF (Ring 2; -1/4)

4u

3) "The Ring of the Celestial Hand": Telekinesis (33 STR); IIF (Ring 3; -1/4)

4u

4) "The Ring of the Celestial Night": Darkness to Sight Group 4" radius, Personal Immunity (+1/4); IIF (Ring 4; -1/4)

3u

5) "The Ring of Celestial Light": Sight Group Flash 5d6, Area Of Effect (6" Cone; +1); No Range (-1/2), IIF (Ring 5; -1/4)

Total Powers Cost

Re: Help on character requested.

Personally, I'd build the duplicates with one power each.

You can build your main character with a multipower but build each duplicate to have only one power. Limit each slot in the multipower with not when being used by a duplicate (-1/2).

At any one time you'll have the main character with an increasingly limited multipower as the duplicates come out until you have four duplicates with one power each and the main character who would only be able to use one power in the multipower.

Doc

Re: Help on character requested.

How about buying each Power as Usable by Others, but not Simultaneously. Then restrict who can use it to duplicates (probably a -1/4). Don't buy any of these Powers for the duplicates at all, but have them commandeer one of the Powers when they are called. Then don't put them in a Multipower; instead anti-Link them (that is, apply a Limitation saying that any one character can use only one of them at a time; I'd say a -1/4).