Electric Bullets note

Fox1

Saw the thread over in the questions section about these.

The electric bullets I'm aware of are not a non-lethal variant- they are in effect a normal bullet with a electrical charge. The idea is to increase the knock-down power of the weapon, not reduce the damage of the bullet hit in favor of an electrical charge.

The idea of it being less-lethal comes from how police are trained- to fire and keep firing until the target drops. If the bullet works as it should, a single hit should cause the target to halt his movement and quickely drop. It's less lethal because the guy is shot fewer times- thus less blood loss and easier treatment.

A simple KA plus NND works greats for the concept. As to their actual function in the real world- I don't know of any law enforcement that have fielded them but a search online may turn something up. It would be interesting to get velocity and bullet weights...

Re: Electric Bullets note

IMO, I wouldn't allow them in a realistic game. The techology is still under development from what I can tell and reliablity and actual effect are unknown. A problem by the way with a number of Dark Champions weapons. Some of them are more a wish list than a reality. Off course, that's perfect for some genres but it would be nice to note the reality along the way.

As is typical with Steve Long, the power as written doesn't make sense in half the cases. The NND is listed as "insulated rED" as if that's going to do any good after the bullet has blown thrown your body armor and is inside you. :) At least it would be reasonable for the rubber bullet version.

Game Balance on these does suck. Again nothing that isn't SOP for DC.

As is typical with Steve Long' date=' the power as written doesn't make sense in half the cases. The NND is listed as "insulated rED" as if that's going to do any good after the bullet has blown thrown your body armor and is inside you. :) At least it would be reasonable for the rubber bullet version.[/quote']

Hmm. Good point. If anything, it should be the opposite. Conductive defenses could possibly discharge (at least spread out) the electrical effect before it had any effect upon the target. The funny thing is, especially in terms of personal defenses, conductive protection is pretty rare these days.

EDIT: I might even make the defense something like, "grounded conductive covering," whether or not any actual PD/ED is provided.

A simple KA plus NND works greats for the concept. As to their actual function in the real world- I don't know of any law enforcement that have fielded them but a search online may turn something up. It would be interesting to get velocity and bullet weights...

Increased stun multiplier might be a solution, too.