Potential Brain teaser

Red Knight

OK... Time for another "HOW WOULD YOU DO IT" thread

You may or may not know of the Bio-Booster Armor Guyver ...

One of the people I play with wanted to create a similar kind of character, in which the symbiote grants a boost to the powers and stats.

This is the question....

Can you (and how do you) design a character in which any END usage is take partially from an Endurance Reserve and partially from the hosts own END. Can this be done?

The only way I could think of it is to apply home brewed limiters

Re: Potential Brain teaser

Well, I think you could just define part of the power as drawing from the Endurance Reserve and part from Personal End, since its only an advantage to be able to use both. Say the first 6d6 of an EB draws from Personal Endurance, the final 6d6 from the End Reserve.

Re: Potential Brain teaser

It’s been a while since I have seen it, but wouldn’t it be best just to use one Endurance Reserve? I don’t recall that the symbiote can leave and walk around, so there isn’t much need to keep track of its endurance. If the symbiotic organism grants endurance, boost the characters endurance total, or buy powers with ½ endurance usage. No need for the extra bookwork.