ZoDuun's Axe, a Caleon Magical Item...

Jkeown

A hero appeared during the period immediately prior to the Wars of The Constitution. He was ZoDuun, a Rasha of immense size and possessed of skills unheard of. This giant man was often mistaken for a Jhuniz or smaller Gogoza, but no giant was this, he was "all Zo, more man than had ever occupied one body before," as the Dagaa Zobedd remarked. The villains of his tale were the Vug, huge, vile creatures with evil hearts and small minds. They ravaged the towns huddled on the Rumallan side of the Razor Peaks and the ZoKing NoBuuran, warred with them in person.

NoBuuran lost his life in single combat with the TrollFather Yaakull Nisha. When ZoDuun heard of his ZoKing's death, he left his band of Rasha during a full?moon night at the ZoWall and walked a day and night across the valley to where he knew Yaakull and his foul company waited. At the first light of dawn, ZoDuun awoke the encamped trolls with a mighty howl and slew all that dared set upon him.

The light of that morning shone upon one of Caleon's greatest heroes, it blessed him and the ZoGods themselves caused the earth to quake in approval of the roaring giant that ravaged the Vug that day. Strange energies coursed around ZoDuun as he lay about himself, and the axe in his hand, a gift from his father, began to sing. All the troll blood spilled that morning soaked into the metal of the weapon, and as each one died his soul was dragged screaming down into the blade.

Ignoring his wounds, ZoDuun at last saw Yaakull, a thirteen foot tall Trollfather, bloated with power and wearing the Rings of Nisha that granted him magics beyond the minds of men.

He was the only thing Zoduun saw, as he strode over the broken rocks and twisted bodies of the fallen. Zoduun, looking into the eyes of his prey, spoke slowly.

"I shall give this axe to the Zo that come after me. It sings the death song of trolls everywhere."

"What magics are these that your axe sings? Shall I add them to my own, I wonder? Your skull shall adorn my belt." said Yaakull, for that is the way trolls talk.

These were the last words of the warriors, and neither man marked the fall of the other. It is enough that they died and were lost to history, heroes both in their own way.

That axe was recovered, and even today, it is singing and bleeding at the approach of trolls, weeping the magic blood of the Fallen. It is the Blade of the Harvest, all Zo bow to the power it wields, and trolls fear it and shrink away or grow mad in its presence.

ZoDunn's Axe: (Total: 133 Active Cost, 33 Real Cost) Healing 3 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Independent (-2), Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 8) plus Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum (-1/2), Required Hands One-And-A-Half-Handed (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 15) plus +3 with HTH Combat (15 Active Points); Independent (-2), OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 4) plus Dispel Trollish Regeneration Powers 4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (18 Active Points); Independent (-2), OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Independent (-2), OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 2)