Any C3K Games Online?

Dr Archeville

Title sez it all -- does anyone know of any Champions 3K games going on either, in a messageboard/play-by-post or play-by-email format, that would be willing to accept a new player? I recently ordered a copy of Galactic Champions (and Champions Universe -- only HERO books I currently own are HERO 5E, Champions, Conquerors/Killers/Crooks, Bestiary, Arcane Adversaries, and Villainy Amok), and am itching to join in on a game (always loved sci-fi & epic-scale comics). I'm still somewhat new to the HERO system (and, since I've yet to obtain a C3K book, know little of the setting), but tend to pick up things fairly quickly. And, I do have several years of experinece with messageboard/pbp and pbem games, so that part I've got down pat.

Before anyone answers, I suppose I should confess that part of the reason I'm looking to join a C3K game is b/c of the higher point values. I'd really like to play in a Champions/HERO game using a character of mine that I've used in other superhero games (ones using the Marvel Super Heroes RPG system and later in ones using the Mutants & Masterminds rules), but unfortunately in my attempts to create him in HERO terms/stats, he always comes in at (far) too high a point cost to be allowed in a Standard Champions game. The character, Dead Head, is undead, looks not unlike Evil Ernie (of the now-defunct Chaos! Comics), has vast necromantic powers (and numerous "Stupid Undead Tricks," like tearing out a length of his own intestine and using it as a whip), but a mindset like a blend of Batman and the Creeper (determined to seek justice and redemption for the dead, punishing evil necromancers and those who othewise abuse the dead, but also has his zany moments, like crashing Halloween parties and Horror Movie conventions). He's been lots of fun to play. 'Course, this being GALACTIC Champions, I realize I'd likely need to alter his history somewhat (possibly including Takofanes or Dr. Teneber or the Devil's Advocates in it, depending on what happneed to them in the 3K Universe; maybe have him be the Last Surviving... er, Sentient/Sapient Son of a now-undead world).

So, to reitereate -- anyone know of any pbp/pbem C3K games that'd be willing to accept the Son of Takofanes as a player character?

Re: Any C3K Games Online?

If you go to the Hero Central website (via the discussion boards main menu or the "Forum Jump" box at the bottom of this page), click on "Campaign Listing" and scroll down to the Star HERO games, you'll find a Galactic Champions online campaign that's just gearing up to begin, and is accepting player applications.