What book to get?

RavensPath

This thread could go here or Fantasy Hero, but thought I would put it here since this forum is bigger. I just got a $20 gift certificate to the only store around that stocks HERO stuff. But the question is what book do I buy?

I just started a Fantasy Hero game, but there are so many Champions and other books that I want too!

I need your help! What should I get?

Here is what I have for 5th edition books:

Fifth Edition

Champions

Champions Universe

Millenium City

CKC

Viper

Until

Ultimate Mystic

Fantasy Hero

FHGI

Hero System Bestiary.

USPD

Really Want

(all of them at some point)

Vibro Bay

Aracane Adversaries

FHGII

MMM

Turakian Age

Valdorian Age

I am hoping to start a Champions game too soon, but that isn't for sure.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Re: What book to get?

Ok here goes. Buy 2 Copies of the Hero System "SIDEKICK" for your players and leave then out for them to look through.

"SIDEKICK" x2

"Gadgets & Gear" - WHAT!?! You don't have one!?! Get out there and get it before starting you Champions Campaign. That combined with the UNTIL Super Powers Database are the most raved about books besides SIDEKICK by the players new to Hero System and especially Champions. OMG "What was I thinking" - by Tobey Keith

"Villainy Amok" is a great book and not just because Gestalt Bennie wrote it. Well actually that's why it's such a great book. It's a GM adventure idea machine.

Re: What book to get?

As a Champions GM if I were to pick 2 books I'd go with Villainy Amok and Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth. VA because of the hundreds of pieice of inspiration that can add flavor to any GM's game. STAST because it is an adventure which also adds a new criminal organization to the world as well as several new, and reusable, villains. Vibora Bay would be my third choice.