Speedball

fredrik_nilsson

Re: Speedball

Yes. You would have to put some flesh on the background, and work out what you want to happen in the arena, but there's no reason why it shouldn't.

CES

It's really a cyberpunk setting, so the fleshing out part should be that hard. Do you think a cyberpunk game would be limited, or enhanced, when centered around the speedball series?

I couldn't tell you if the game would be limited or not' date=' Fred. A lot would depend on what you want to do. I imagine it would be as limited as any sport based campaign.[/quote']

True, I wish I'd wrote that. :think:

You could expand the game, so that not all players are speedballers. They could be fanatic fans, bookers, managers, spouses or just relatives to some speedballer.

It would probably be a heroic game at best' date=' unless the athletes are superhuman.[/quote']

There would be some cyberware, or some other transhuman technique for enhancing the abilities of the atlets. Heroic should be enough, at least at its higher levels (100+100 maybe).

It's really a cyberpunk setting' date=' so the fleshing out part should be that hard. Do you think a cyberpunk game would be limited, or enhanced, when centered around the speedball series?[/quote']

Agree with csyphrett that the game can be as broad or as narrow as you want it. It could be a simple one shot or beer and pretzels game that uses Hero stats, a battlemap and minis to simulate a sport.

Or it could include the elements surrounding a sport, and have the sport simply as flavor/background. Speedracer was based around the race, but there were plenty of other plots the group had to deal with. Depending on the level of sci fi in the game, if its a multi-world game then there could be mysteries, the ever popular mistaken identity, or blame the new-comers plots that occur.