An unusual use of the DNPC disad...

Marcus Impudite

I'm a building a base for my character in a villains campaign and planning to include a DNPC; in this case, someone he's keeping prisoner. While I can imagine many might consider this a highly irregular use of the DNPC disadvantage, here's the backstory on it:

During one of his past robberies, the character breifly lost his mask and one of the bank tellers got a look at his face. After getting his mask back on, he grabbed her and ran for it, abbandoning the money and writing that robbery off as a failure. Since he didn't have it in his nature to kill her, (he's a thief, not a murderer) he's been keeping her prisoner ever since.

Would you as GM consider this a valid DNPC for the base or make the character himself take the disadvantage? And if you allow it either way, how would you as GM use this DNPC against the character? (aside from the obvious escape attempts)

What say you, Herodom?

Re: An unusual use of the DNPC disad...

Didn't Deadpool have a DNPC like this?

I would make the DNPC a part of the base since she is going to be there if the Base is invaded. Plus she is certainlygoing to either be all Stockholm Syndrome or itching to divulge all the info she has on her captor.

"Well Mr. Imperious if you think you are so fearless I'll just tell them about the nightlight OK?"

Hawksmoor

Re: An unusual use of the DNPC disad...

I could see this as an acceptable use of DNPC if two conditions are met:

1. The entire TEAM, not just one villain, is responsible for the prisoner and has a vested interest in keeping the prisoner captive(as opposed to the prisoner escaping or just getting offed by one of the other villains in the base).

2. The prisoner has resources(not necessarily physical ones) that they can bring to bear against the team if he/she does escape. In other words, the prisoner has to be capable of exacting some sort of revenge.