Group Powers

Say a group of players all want to share a resource or power. Would they simply divide the power by the number of players and everybody pays that many points? Examples of what I'm talking about could be:

5 transformers can each transform into 1 vehicle, but can also combine to create a much larger and more powerful robot.

The planateers can summon captain planet, but they have to act together. (and no, I don't watch that show)

The characters want to be the command staff of a large starship & crew. And no, I don't think the Captain should have to pay for all of it.

Mighty sorcerers join hands to use their variable power pools as one.

Just a thought that came to me the other day. maybe they could just take a limitation "only when everybody else chips in" . . .

I would say they could split the points, and take the limitation "only when everyone else chips in", since, if one of the members doesn't show up to play, all those group points are useless. This would go for any example where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts (i.e. extra powers are gained by everyone joining together). I'd be a real pain about everyone participating, though. It sucks to be voltron if one of the lions is perpetually late (or a no-show).

In the case of the players wanting to be the command crew of a large ship, I would recommend using the base rules for creating the starship. Again, points are shared, but there's a huge price break because it's a base.

Hope this helps.

Voltron! I was trying to remember that name. Thank you. Glad to see I'm not to far off base. And yes, this would really only work if you had a dependable bunch of players. Although it would be funny to see the super robot fighting with one arm . . . Actually if it was that important I'd just turn the character into an NPC temporarily.

aw, but that takes all the fun out of it! You should really brutalize the players for having a single unreliable member! Make peer pressure determine your game turnout. :)

"Man, you missed it! Last week, Voltron had to fight a Ro Beast with one arm tied behind his, oh, right, his NOTHING, because YOU WEREN'T THERE! We got our BUTT'S KICKED because of you!"

To compensate, I'd make the "only if everyone else chips in" limitation fairly zesty, like -2. Also, remember that if any one member gets captured, the whole team is weakened. This makes for some really fun plots, in my opinion.

But then, I've always had a bit of a cruel streak...

My method for vehicles is to use a multiform/duplication combo thing

for the Captain Planet effect I use summon UBO, with an only when combind limit

For the Infinity Man effect (Base characters disapear) I will normaly use the same power combo as the vehicles

Captain Kirk Effect: Each of the "Named" characters chip in on the vehicle, then take the rest of the crew as Useful DNPC's, take the "Command Staff" as either fellow players or Followers

for the sorcerers, Succor, x4 powers at a time