Batgirl:TAS: The Rogues Gallery

Mark Rand

In the time she's been active, Batgirl's usual foes have been regular street criminals. She has, however, also faced a few costumed criminals. They are: Adonis, Anagram, and Facet, all from Dark Champions: The Animated Series, and the Jester and his female partner, Harlequin.

The Jester and Harlequin always work as a team and dress in jester's motley (the kind of costume court jesters wear). Both are skilled jugglers, acrobats, and clowns and sometimes ride unicycles.

They employ non-lethal attacks, like entangles, laughing or sleep gas, causing temporary blindness, or knocking someone out with their jester's maces.

Re: Batgirl:TAS: The Rogues Gallery

When I created Jester and Harlequin, I decided that their style was humorous larceny, making them good candidates for C.L.O.W.N. They're not killers. They just want to have fun and sometimes make people laugh while stealing stuff.

Re: Batgirl:TAS: The Rogues Gallery

In the second post of the previous Batgirl campain thread, "A Bat-ty Campaign Idea'< located at http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20725, Michael Hopcroft suggested a female Joker and I decided on a court jester's costume for her.

Attached is a sheet with a group of images showing her base costume, her wig, makeup, and white gloves. (White gloves are somewhat traditional for a court jester.)