Concept help! Hair Powers

pointyman2000

Re: Concept help! Hair Powers

What about instead of flight' date=' you take clinging so that the character can scale surfaces by the hair wraping around objects and pulling her up.[/quote']

How about some variant of swinging?

My recommendations: entangle, extra limbs, stretching, missile deflection (up to bullets), HA/HKA (whipping attack, possibly with an improvised weapon), swinging, an NND choking attack, some sort of advanced sense of touch, and a special sense tied to wind currents (like whiskers) allowing her to detect movement. She'd obviously need some sort of defence beyond missile deflection to be playable, but I find the idea of hair armour of any sort to be a little silly, unless you want to say the hair is made of metal or something. More likely I'd go with a secondary defence power, like an armoured costume, or possibly a 'hardened skin' power to go with the stronger hair.

Also, I'd make the whole thing an OIF (it can't really be taken away, but it can be broken) with lockout for several powers.

As for weaknesses, what happens when all that hair gets wet? It would probably weigh a lot...

Also' date=' I'd make the whole thing an OIF (it can't really be taken away, but it can be broken) with lockout for several powers.[/quote']

Acualy, is that what Physical Manification was created for, "objects" which can not be taken away, but can be broken? I woulden't even go that far with Hair Manipulation powers, but I would do a "feedback" Entangel.

Acualy' date=' is that what Physical Manification was created for, "objects" which can not be taken away, but can be broken? I woulden't even go that far with Hair Manipulation powers, but I would do a "feedback" Entangle.[/quote']

I'm still a noob, but I was under the impression PhysMan was something that was created by the power as the power was used. The example in USPDB for this limitation is Ice Slides, like Iceman uses. Ice Slides are created as the character uses the power, and they can be attacked, but are easily replaced. A hair-based character can lose their hair at any time, not just when their power is in effect, and might not be able to immediately regrow it (depending on the character). Plus, I think focus also factors in the obvious restrainable element of hair powers into the power. Maybe Steve will give us a ruling :)

It IS a pretty good way of thinking about it, however. If the character grows their hair with every use of their powers, then that would definately be the way to go. I was thinking of the character as constantly having long hair.

It IS a pretty good way of thinking about it' date=' however. If the character grows their hair with every use of their powers, then that would definately be the way to go. I was thinking of the character as constantly having long hair.[/quote']

Well, it can be useful for a charater who can make her hair whatever length she desiers (within reasion and limits to her Streching power).