Pulp Locations/Vehicles/Nifty Stuff!

JakSpade

Found this on the Secret of Zir'an forums:

Post subject: Airship Deckplans

I came across the above site on "Dice Rolling Fools". People here have asked about airship deckplans and this site has blueprint style drawings, isometrics and even photos of the interiors.

Hope this helps.

Jak

Re: Pulp Locations/Vehicles/Nifty Stuff!

Funny that you should mention that, I found the site yesterday and decided to clean up the deckplans and I just now got done (about five minutes before making this post) and was about to post. I used the R100 and made a few minor modifications (the bathroom facilities on the main deck being the most obvious, there are still way too few for that number of people though). The pdfs of this will be (probably in a much more modified form) in my eventual book of maps, a gif of them though, would be interesting to see. There are still a few crunchy bits I have to clean up, but then there always are...

Note, because this one is an illustrator file, I can modify the existing passenger plans and create a kind of lair if need be. The semester begins tomorrow so time is kind of tight here.

Thank you, thank you. Here is a quick and dirty modification I made for a R100 to be used as a mobile base. One thing not on the map is a storage area on either side of the Crew quarters area, probably accessed from the Provisions/Food locker areas. It would probably be used for things like arctic clothing and other "durable" (i.e. non-perishable, non-fragile) gear (In the original R100s I think it was used for passenger storage, although they may have had another area for that altogether). I just haven't gotten around to making the markings for those hatches on this map. Another thing I would have done had I had more time would be to get rid of one set of facilities. Assuming that this truly is a modified R100 (i.e. your hero buys one and makes alterations to suit), they might have left it as is and maybe stacked gear in the showers and stalls or something (just to mess with the lady adventurer that joins the expedition at the last moment).

Anyway, here it is:

Thanks, funny that I was discussing that with my parents this afternoon. If we would know at 17 what we wanted to do with the rest of our lives... ah well. Besides, I dig teaching at the University level. Co-eds. flexible hours. Co-eds. Practical autonomy. Did I mention the Co-eds?

The Control Gondola is underslung in the r100. I'm not entirely certain as to exactly where it is though. From the exteriors, it seems to be right beneath the living areas marked out here. The plans I had available however don't show it. Now possibly the middle section there in the crew quarters deck, which is the lowest (and thus closest to the Gondola), and which is unmarked in the original plans, might lead to the gondola below. The other side features steps to the deck above, it would make sense to have steps to the Gondola below, but I am not certain (or at least, not certain enough to mark it yet. That is one of the reasons I left it blank. Other than that, the Gondola access is somewhere down the long corridors at either end of the crew deck, both of those run the length of the ship as I understand.