Black Scorpion, version 2.0

Mark Rand

This is an homage, more or less, to Roger Corman's Black Scorpion. Please note, this post is a long one.

Twenty two-year old Keiko Nishigawa, the daughter of a wealthy Pittsburgh area man, a skilled gymnast and kunoichi and her mother, Fujiko, her teacher, sat in their Tokyo hotel room and waited for the phone call that would summon them to where their ninja clan would meet and await a decision from the kami as to who would be the new Black Scorpion. Whoever it was would become the latest in a line of female ninja that were given special powers to help them fight for justice.

Finally, the call came. They straightened their kimonos and left their room. Two hours later, they stood, in a shrine in a remote Japanese village to await the kami's decision.

Finally, it came. Keiko was the new Black Scorpion. The kami blessed her and gave her two mystical gifts. The blessing increased her lifespan, heightened her senses, increased her ability to recover from injuries and slowed the aging process for her. Tne mystical gift was an amulet that would let her change into her costume in an instant and the other was a bracelet that would let her create energy copies of whatever ninja weapon she needed. These, coupled with her knowledge of the Kuji-Kiri, or nine ways of cutting, would help her in her fight.

Back in the hotel, Keiko meditated on her costume. She decided on a skintight jumpsuit made of a material that looked like leather but would stiffen to absorb any blow that would injure her, tabi boots, skintight gloves, a ski mask, all in black, a ninja-to (or ninja sword), and an assortment of small weapons and devices. The bracelet would go on her left wrist. After her meditation and an evening meal, she went to bed.

The next morning, she awoke to find herself in the costume. She used the amulet to change back, woke her mother up, told her what happened, and showed her costume. Fujiko thought that it looked perfect.

Keiko spent the next four years obtaining her masters in electronics engineering, training her mind and body, and racing the candy-apple red Lamborghini Diablo, that was a gift from her father in SCCA-sanctioned events.

She then joined Stark Industries as an engineer in the R&D division of their Cranberry Township plant. One night, as she was leaving work, she was attacked by clan enemies. She used her abilities to defend herself, but was overwelmed. Iron man joined the fight and turned the tables. They talked and shared secret identities. He then invited her to join the Mid-Atlantic Avengers as their technical manager, and, as Black Scorpion, a reservist. He also promised her some additional gear. She accepted.

One week later, she got her new gear. A new pair of gloves would replace her old ones. Although they were skintight, like her old pair, they had a few surprises. Claws that wound extend and retract from her fingers as she needed them and pockets of lead shot would increase the strength of her punches. Next, he gave her a bracelet for her right arm. It had a climbing line and an electronic stinger capable of knocking people out. He then said, "There's your Scorpionbobile."

"It's a Lamborghini Murcielago!" she exclaimed.

"A modified one," he said. "It's armored. The license plate can change from a plate that I can register to Keiko's to one registered to Black Scorpion. There are flashing lights and a siren you can turn on, a two-way communications system, and weapons. The license plate light has a high-intensity strobe above it. It's perfect for blinding anyone you want to. There are also oil and smoke ejectors in the rear. In the front are three energy weapons, all with a range of 50-feet. One scrables electronic devices, the second is a high-energy stunner, the third is a pulse laser."

After Tony showed her how they work, she said, "Very cool."

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Black Scorpion, version 2.0

This is an homage' date=' more or less, to Roger Corman's [i']Black Scorpion.[/i] Please note, this post is a long one.

Twenty two-year old Keiko Nishigawa, the daughter of a wealthy Pittsburgh area man, a skilled gymnast and kunoichi and her mother, Fujiko, her teacher, sat in their Tokyo hotel room and waited for the phone call that would summon them to where their ninja clan would meet and await a decision from the kami as to who would be the new Black Scorpion. Whoever it was would become the latest in a line of female ninja that were given special powers to help them fight for justice.

Finally, the call came. They straightened their kimonos and left their room. Two hours later, they stood, in a shrine in a remote Japanese village to await the kami's decision.

Finally, it came. Keiko was the new Black Scorpion. The kami blessed her and gave her two mystical gifts. The blessing increased her lifespan, heightened her senses, increased her ability to recover from injuries and slowed the aging process for her. Tne mystical gift was an amulet that would let her change into her costume in an instant and the other was a bracelet that would let her create energy copies of whatever ninja weapon she needed. These, coupled with her knowledge of the Kuji-Kiri, or nine ways of cutting, would help her in her fight.

Back in the hotel, Keiko meditated on her costume. She decided on a skintight jumpsuit made of a material that looked like leather but would stiffen to absorb any blow that would injure her, tabi boots, skintight gloves, a ski mask, all in black, a ninja-to (or ninja sword), and an assortment of small weapons and devices. The bracelet would go on her left wrist. After her meditation and an evening meal, she went to bed.

The next morning, she awoke to find herself in the costume. She used the amulet to change back, woke her mother up, told her what happened, and showed her costume. Fujiko thought that it looked perfect.

Keiko spent the next four years obtaining her masters in electronics engineering, training her mind and body, and racing the candy-apple red Lamborghini Diablo, that was a gift from her father in SCCA-sanctioned events.

She then joined Stark Industries as an engineer in the R&D division of their Cranberry Township plant. One night, as she was leaving work, she was attacked by clan enemies. She used her abilities to defend herself, but was overwelmed. Iron man joined the fight and turned the tables. They talked and shared secret identities. He then invited her to join the Mid-Atlantic Avengers as their technical manager, and, as Black Scorpion, a reservist. He also promised her some additional gear. She accepted.

One week later, she got her new gear. A new pair of gloves would replace her old ones. Although they were skintight, like her old pair, they had a few surprises. Claws found extend and retract from her fingers as she needed them and pockets of lead shot would increase the strength of her punches. Next, he gave her a bracelet forher right arm. It had a climbing line and an electronic stinger capable of knocking people out. He then said, "There's your Scorpionbobile."

"It's a Lamborghini Murcielago!" she exclaimed.

"A modified one," he said. "It's armored. The license plate can change from a plate that I can register to Keiko's to one registered to Black Scorpion. There are flashing lights and a siren you can turn on, a two-way communications system, and weapons. The license plate light has a high-intensity strobe above it. It's perfect for blinding anyone you want to. There are also oil and smoke ejectors in the rear. In the fromt are three energy weapons, all with a range of 50-feet. One scrables electronic devices, the second is a high-energy stunner, the third is a pulse laser."

After Tony showed her how they work, she said, "Very cool."

Is her car black and does she have enormous boobs like the other Black Scorpion?

I almost bought the Black Scorpion DVD on sale, but a little voice told me not to. I finally got a chance to see it when a friend loaned it to me. It had its moments, but just about anybody who posts regularly on here is going to come up with a better version of the story than the one they filmed - we've got really creative people on here, who love superheroes.

Star power couldn't save a terribly-constructed story. Only DVD I've ever watched where the actor's commentary track cuts out forty-five minutes before the end of the movie.

I look forward to seeing the writeup.

I almost bought the Black Scorpion DVD on sale, but a little voice told me not to. I finally got a chance to see it when a friend loaned it to me. It had its moments, but just about anybody who posts regularly on here is going to come up with a better version of the story than the one they filmed - we've got really creative people on here, who love superheroes.

Star power couldn't save a terribly-constructed story. Only DVD I've ever watched where the actor's commentary track cuts out forty-five minutes before the end of the movie.

I look forward to seeing the writeup.

As far as the writeups go, Black Scorpion's easy. She's a ninja with cool gear and a few powers.

I'll have to consult my copy of The Ultimate Vehicle before I write up the Scorpionmobile.

One good thing about Black Scorpion is that she's easy to adjust for your campaign. She could easily be either a technical manager and reservist for a superhero team or a PRIMUS intelligence agent.

• 5 weeks later...

One god thing about Black Scorpion is that she's easy to adjust for your campaign. She could easily be either a technical manager and reservist for a superhero team or a PRIMUS intelligence agent.

Come to think of it, with a few adjustments to the background, she'd be good as a spy.

• 6 months later...

I fixed a few typos on this because I want to use her with some changes.

Her costume, going to be a standard ninja nightsuit, the bracelet that can generate energy copies of various ninja weapons is gone, and I'm giving her "The Path of the Shadow's Companion" to replace it. This ability will be borrowed from Mike Surbrook's writeup of Deathshadow.