1d6-1

Edsel

I am busy working on some game materials right now so hopefully someone knows the answer to this, and I can get a quicker response than waiting for Steve to logon.

If a Killing Attack does 1d6-1, does this mean it would do no damage on a roll of 1, or does it always do a minimum of 1 point of damage?

Re: 1d6-1

Offically it's 1,1,2,3,4,5.

I house rule it to 0,1,2,3,4,5; I have seen (and once expierenced) serious wounds whrer the person said "I didn't feel a thing." So my house rule is that a zero on the stun multiplier gives the BODY damage and knockback, but no STUN. It also balances out the STUN lottery.

Many people seem to be interpreting the question as being about the Stun Multiplier, but it looks to me as if it is actually talking about rolling 1d6-1 for the damage dice (you know, 2 DCs; point-wise equivalent to 1/2d6 for some reason :rolleyes: ).

I can't find anything in the book that says this has a minimum of 1, but it follows if you think about it: 1 DC is 1 Body, which has a minimum of 1, and 1/2d6 can't go below 1. Then again, maybe it should go down to zero to partially make up for the fact that it is obviously not equivalent to 1/2d6. :mad:

The official rule, broken down, is a 1d6-1 has a min of 0, and a max of 5, but all damage rolls have a minimum result of 1. So if you roll just a 1d6-1, you're results will be either 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, and if you roll a 2d6-1, you're results will be either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11.

The official rule' date=' broken down, is a 1d6-1 has a min of 0, and a max of 5, but all damage rolls have a minimum result of 1. So if you roll just a 1d6-1, you're results will be either 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, and if you roll a 2d6-1, you're results will be either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11.[/quote']

That would be correct.