Character concept help

garou

Re: Character concept help

Couple of things:

Based on the description I wouldn't get too attached to this character either. Turn into the little girl in the middle of a firefight and....

One slant would be to have the charcter that just died take up residence in the new chap's head...

It really looks like a complex build for a character. I honestly didn't enjoy playing the multiple personality aspect of Null in games. I recommend you give it some extra thoughts before going through with the character.

For building the character itself, I'd not use a multiform or anything like that, just buy STR as a power with a limitation Can't Use More than X STR when XXXXX Personality is Active. At least this way you can sort of take advantage of Casual Strength Rules.

It's really more of a gedankenexperiment than anything else. With the loss of Grizzly, the team needs another brick. (I am currently leaning toward an avatar of Ptah, though it may wind up being one of the other Egyptian dieties.)

Still, it could be an interesting build, so I might eventually create them and post them on the Champs area.

Maybe a multipower with multiform in one slot and duplication in the other - if you want to go weird and have the gestalt manifest fully once in a while.

Gaahh! Why? If I were to go with a Multipower for this, which is a reasonable idea, I would simply buy the character's Characteristics and Skills at the minimum level for all the personalities, then buy the differences up for each slot of a Multipower; one fixed slot per personality. There might be some interesting Limitations on the Framework for switching slots, in which case I am sure that Accidental Change is still appropriate.

It might not be strictly legal and thus need some special GM approval, but I don't think I would hesitate to approve this kind of build if I were GM. I'd think it is more pleasing than trying to massage something around with Multipower+Multiform+Duplication. Yikes!

Based on the description I wouldn't get too attached to this character either. Turn into the little girl in the middle of a firefight and....

Depends on the little girl. Becoming River (from Firefly/Serenity) might not be bad, in the short run. OTOH, being a psychotic (because that semi-controlled mind change is hard to distinguish from a psychosis) who flashes into another psychotic might not be pretty at all.