Rip it to shreds pt. 2

Profit

Ok, after some retooling, and tinkering with your ideas. I think I've come up with a servicable speedster. I did borrow heavily from you guys, relying on your expierences playing Hero System and I thank you for your suggestions. Now, the stuff I put in the EC, I know it can be drained, but keep in mind, I want this to be a regular guy, who is gifted with superspeed. He doesn't even fully know how to use his powers yet, so I'm staying with some simple ones. If his ec gets drained, well, he is him without his powers. And somewhere I read that movement/def should be in an ec and attacks in a mp so I tried to stay with that to make it simple for me.

Velocity-9

15 str 5

29 dex 57

19 con 18

10 body

13 int 3

10 ego

12 com 1

3 pd

4 ed

9 spd 51

29 rec 44

38 end

28 stun

30 EC:Speed Movement

>

37 Flight 23", x8 NCM, Useable as running(+1/4), Reduced End(1/2 END, +1/4) 84 Active Points, Only in contact with Surface(-1/4)

30 Inertial Barrier:FF (20PD/10ED/10 Flash DEf:Sight Group)(Protect Carried ITems), Reduced End(0END, +1/2)(75 Active Points)Only while moving(Must make at least a 1/2 move each phase, -1/4)

18 Missed Me: +12 DCV CSL Only while moving(Must Make a half move each phase, -1/4) 60 active points

<

52 MP:Speed Tricks

>

1u Quick Healing:Aid 2d6, body or any other drained physical characteristic or power (+1/2)(30 active points), Self Only(-1/2), Only restores to starting values(-1/2)

2u Second Wind: Aid 3d6+1,[two powers] simultaneously(Stund and END, +1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Only restores to starting values(-1/2)

2u Dizzying Spin: Drain DEX 2d6(20 Active Points) --(This is a beautiful Idea, Thanks alot for this one)

3u Flurry of Blows: HA +7d6, Reduced End(0 END, +1/2)(52 Active Points), Hand to Hand Attack(-1/2) -- (I did this as one big hth so I wouldn't have to roll multiple attacks a phase, I did that in the DCU game and it can really slow the game down when your doing 50 attacks at a target :D)

4u Vibrating Punch: HKA 2d6(2 1/2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing(+1/2)(45 Active Points

3u Wind Blast: EB 7d6, Explosion(cone -1dc/2", +1/2) (52 Active points) Gestures (requires both hands, -1/2) -- (Still thinking about making this a full out explosion with the advantage that I can change it sshape so I could make a whirlwind by running in a circle as well as the burst of air, not sure about it though)

4u Vibrate Through Objects:Desolidification(40 active points)(Must be able to run(-1/4) 1/2 END (+1/4)

<

3 Lightening Calculator

4 Speed Reading x10

5 Cramming -- ( I Kept this to allow V9 to quickly assimalate book knowledge using his speed reading, I know it doesn't stay with the character, but it might be nice to run down to the library and read about destroying a bridge and then going and doing it if needed. :) )

2 SS:Computers

2 PS:Teaching

3 Scholar

>

1 KS:colleges (2active points)

1 KS:Computer Tricks (2 active points)

1 KS:Movies (2active points)

1 KS: Video Games (2 active points)

<

5 Computer Programming

3 Electronics

5 Oratory

5 Money: Well Off

I still need to do disadvantages. I'll work on them later. But this will be the base of the character. Thanks for your help again guys. Some of the things you guys pointed really makes a lot of sense for someone super fast to be able to do. By my count, I'm at 411 points total. Is the math right on this? I double checked everything using the heropower calc spreadsheet and good ol PnP math and it seems right.

Prof

p.s. I looked everywhere for Z'lf, but couldn't find him. And I'm really not trying to copy off you guys, although it seems like I did. But I would like to see how a real high lvl speedster is built.

Re: Rip it to shreds pt. 2

Just a few notes.

19 con 18

As a Hero player, the 19 con just drives me nuts, Make it an even 20 :)

19 con 18

10 ego

12 com 1

I'm assuming a 10 presence as well?

YOur speedter, while new, is just..scared silly. Agents can presence him. Not a criticism, just somethign to be aware of.

9 spd 51

Wow, thats a fast starting SPD. GM may knock it down to 8, even 7, just to give you something to work foreward to.

29 rec 44

Yikes!

Bricks dont have this kind of recovery. If you are looking to simulate some quick healing, an aid or healing power might be called for. I'd divert the majority of these points that way. and maybe just buy your CON up.

30 Inertial Barrier:FF (20PD/10ED/10 Flash DEf:Sight Group)(Protect Carried ITems), Reduced End(0END, +1/2)(75 Active Points)Only while moving(Must make at least a 1/2 move each phase, -1/4)

Buy some sunnglasses. Seriously, in the name of points, and the fact that its not that essnetial to the fx, take your flash defense oout of your force field. It doesn't cost end for Flash Defense normally, which is a reason I hate it anyway. Just some OAF or OIF shades will do you well. That may help you take off the must make a half move each phase limitation.

18 Missed Me: +12 DCV CSL Only while moving(Must Make a half move each phase, -1/4) 60 active points

Umm, Wow. Besides skill levelks not being normally legal for elemental controls (has ot be a power, and an end using onbe at that)..12 levels..yikes! Your normal moving DCV would be 22. I dont know your GM, but I'v very sure that they will say no. another option is to buy that as Missle Deflection that costs endurance with a lot of 5 point levels (that being the cheapest you can buy) with GM permission. Of course, it consumes an action making you go so defensive, wont help vs AE attacks..hmm, maybe move the desolidification up here instead?

52 MP:Speed Tricks

1u Quick Healing:Aid 2d6, body or any other drained physical characteristic or power (+1/2)(30 active points), Self Only(-1/2), Only restores to starting values(-1/2)

2u Second Wind: Aid 3d6+1,[two powers] simultaneously(Stund and END, +1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Only restores to starting values(-1/2)

no need for the super recovery.

4u Vibrating Punch: HKA 2d6(2 1/2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing(+1/2)(45 Active Points

Be prepared for the innuendo :)

I'm PM'ing one of my players experienced speedsters.

Its actually 15 presence, didn't get that one in there :)

My moving dcv will be 22? Does that include just moving during combat?

And his name is Velocity-9, :D, hence all the 9s everywhere, lol. Now, onto the expierence part, what would bve a good starting recovery? 15?, 20?, 18? 19? And I don't mind dropping the CSLs. It was just an interesting thought and thats what I came up with to simulate moving so fast he is hard to hit.

My moving dcv will be 22? Does that include just moving during combat?

The way ypou have it written, whenever your speedster moves at least a half move, he's got that modifier until the strt of his next action. His base DCV is 10--then 12 levels. A very accurate character with a 10 OCV and 5 levels would have a whopping 4 or less to hit you. Pretty much no one will even try to hit you with a normal attack, but you'll get a steady diet of AE attacks that will keep you diving for cover a lot. Or you'll meet up with a mentalist who dopes somethign nasty, like change your perspective of where solid obstacles are 3 feet to the left, or make a very conveininet cable appear in your mind, connecting one hi story building to the one he is standing on. Please be sure to practice your Wile. E. Coyote catchphrases for such moments :)

And again, the construct itself would require GM's approval due elemental control rules.

Now, onto the expierence part, what would bve a good starting recovery? 15?, 20?, 18? 19?

Buying up recoery more than a few points isn't too common--your recovery rate is well in excess of many Bricks. I'd bump your con up, and settle for a healthy recovery of around 10. If you want, have a 9 :) I'ld save the references to nine as part of the character background. (Your max speed is mach 9, you once went on 9 dates at a time... )

And I don't mind dropping the CSLs. It was just an interesting thought and thats what I came up with to simulate moving so fast he is hard to hit

Buying a few levels of those only for DCV outside of the EC would be ok, You could even make them cost endurance, or apply only when you are moving. You might not get very much, if any of a cost break for the 'only while moving" as you are a speedster. Life is moving to you. :)

Also, your +12 DCV EC slot (assuming it's even legal) should cost 24 points, not 18.

The way the math works, you subtract the EC points from the active points of the slot and then you apply the limitation, not the other way around. (assuming the limitation doesn't apply to both the EC as well)

So your 12 levels = 60 points, subtract the 30 point EC, then apply the -1/4 limitation to the remainder to result in a cost of 24 points.

This little refinement prevents EC slots with a +1 or greater limitation from costing nothing.