Wheelchair hero

Jayde Tiger

I may have missed a thread like this before, but has anyone come up with a good way to represent a young hero in a mundane wheelchair?

I have a hero starting in a Teen Champions campaign that is likely to begin in a normal wheelchair, before eventually developing a "super" one.

Is it a vehicle?

A limitation on his/her 6" normal movement?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated/

JT

Re: Wheelchair hero

I don't recall seeing an official write-up (though that doesn't mean one doesn't exist) so I'd do the following:

1) Sell back his 6" Running to, say, 1" or so (he can still crawl using his arms, right?)

2) Buy +3" or +4" Running, OAF Wheelchair (-1) only on relatively flat or smooth surfaces (-1/2)

3) Buy either another couple of inches of Running or a x2 Non-Combat Multiple with the above limitations and add Downhill Only (-1/2).

If you don't want overly-complicated, just stick to #1 & 2.

My wheel chair bound super is also a former college football star, though he lost his legs in a car accident.

In any event, I sold back all 6 inches of running, and then bought back 2 inches of running with gestures; Requires gestures throught (-1) so that he could stil get about by crawling or walking on his hands.

Then I bought another +5" of running with OIF, Only on Appropriate Terrain and Turn Mode for the chair.

I don't bother with the improved downhill movement, since that's written right into the rules (5ER p364).

Ferdinand "Duke" Lascalla, a.k.a. "Overdrive" is a wheelchair bound hero in the adventure "Bad Medicine For Dr. Drugs."

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionsrpg/DRover.html

One question on that adapation... why the buyback on swimming? Many wheelchair-bound people swim actively as their upper body can still be uised for movement and the lower body still has sufficient bouyancy that they are not dead weight(so to speak).

One question on that adapation... why the buyback on swimming? Many wheelchair-bound people swim actively as their upper body can still be uised for movement and the lower body still has sufficient bouyancy that they are not dead weight(so to speak).

Hmm.... I think the original had -2" of Swimming.