[Character] Kessa Iceraven

Super Squirrel

Re: [Character] Kessa Iceraven

Hmmm, I'll need to edit her sheet.

Fury Whirl should be:

Fury Whirl: Area Of Effect (2" Selective Radius; +1) on Up to 45 Active Points with any Axe (45 Active Points); Requires An Axe Tricks Roll (-1/2); No Range (-1/2), OIF (-1/2). Total Cost: 18 points.

It looks like double-dipping to take both Barbarian and Outlander, because Barbarian pretty much covers the Outlander social limitation. Since the character is female, I would suggest the Outlander one be swapped for one of equal points: "Woman In A Man's World." Since the character looks mannish, not taking it at the 15 point level (as suggested in Valdorian Age) but instead at 10 would seem reasonable.

I would also suggest the 11 PRE be dropped to 10 and that extra point be added to PD instead. Call me crazy, but a 4 PD seems a little light for a barbarian berserker. :D

*shrugs*

Josh being the GM and all, I'm not going to argue with the separate points, since he's the one who told me to put those on there. Apparently they ARE 2 distinct disadvantages; the people giving her a hard time about being of the unwashed masses aren't the same people who'll be giving her a hard time for being an outsider. I have no trouble coming up with other disadvantages to fill the slot, though.

And the idea isn't that she takes hits well; the idea is that she avoids them entirely, most of the time.

Well, I just realized she needs to spend 7 more points so she might not need to free up the PRE to do just that. It is ultimately up to Alice.

Maybe I misunderstood the Outlander concept, but I thought that was the Social Limitation for being a foreigner. Maybe I should change both Sophia and Kessa's social limitations to Abyzinian instead?

Well, in reading the book and the example character archetypes, the Outlander social limitation seems to be geared more for someone from a civilized place that is not Elweir, like Abyzinia or Graecoria. A Barbarian is a type of Outlander, but it is a different impression. They're likely looked at more like a wild animal than a human being.

With seven more points I would suggest maybe some more DEX or another combat level then.

But I still also suggest another point of PD. :D

Maybe I misunderstood the Outlander concept' date=' but I thought that was the Social Limitation for being a foreigner. Maybe I should change both Sophia and Kessa's social limitations to Abyzinian instead?[/quote']

Under "Character Archetypes":

p.93, archetype "The Barbarian" has Disad. "Social Limitation: Barbarian (Very Frequently, Minor)(15 points)"

p.94, archetype "The Enlightened Outlander" has Disad. "Social Limitation: Outlander (Minor, Frequently)(10 points)"

So "Outlander" is something quite the opposite of "Barbarian," nor does it mean merely "not from around these parts." Hope that clears things up. :)

BTW, Kessa sounds terrific. Have fun playing her. :)

Under "Character Archetypes":

p.93, archetype "The Barbarian" has Disad. "Social Limitation: Barbarian (Very Frequently, Minor)(15 points)"

p.94, archetype "The Enlightened Outlander" has Disad. "Social Limitation: Outlander (Minor, Frequently)(10 points)"

So "Outlander" is something quite the opposite of "Barbarian," nor does it mean merely "not from around these parts." Hope that clears things up. :)

BTW, Kessa sounds terrific. Have fun playing her. :)

Thanks. I tried to go for 'not as messed up in the head as all my previous characters,' and I think it worked this time.

*crosses her fingers*

I'll be updating the sheet later.

Oh, the plot hook story to this character is pretty interesting.

The Iceraven Tribe, unlike other Abyzinian tribes is very honorable as a tribe. However, honor is not everything. The tribe has begun to dwindle in power while other tribes that have been able to acquire wealth and prestige continue to grow. The Iceraven Tribe decides to take its most valuable resource, a small chunk of gold and give it to one of their members.

Kessa Iceraven is the one to volunteer. She takes the task to restore honor to herself after she killed an unarmed man in an enraged fury.

Ouch' date=' that is a buttload of Axe CSLs. The character looks like she could use a bit of PD/ED though. I don't know Valdoran age at all, but are barbarians from harsh climates? Something like ED, or even a limited Life Support might be useful if they are.[/quote']

Yes, she is very lethal with the axe. That was the character concept. While Barbarians do come from harsh environments. The Abyzinian barbarians come from tribes on the Savannah. As I have always understood it, a savannah is subtropical grasslands. I just told her to add the extra point for all temperate/subtropic environments.