Forte 2000 - My Campaign site

oconnellmd

http://www.forteuniverse.com/forte2000

Just thought I'd share a campaign site.

"Forte" was the name of a very successful campaign that ran for a number of years. It was featured heavily in The Clobberin' Times, the Champions APA that I helped found and was central mailer of for a couple of years (you might recognize the names of some of the Clobberin' Times members...Dave Mattingly, Sean A. Vierra, Chris Avellone, "Common Grounds" creator Troy Hickman, and some guy named Steve Long (whatup, guys?)). The campaign officially ended when everyone went away, but continued on in convention games at our annual San Diego Comic-Con gatherings, and in fiction and such. We just couldn't let it die.

I just got to thinking one day what would happen if we started the campaign up again...with the original four players. Same team, same city, all-new characters. What would we create? I threw the idea to my other three founders, and we all came up with characters. And I liked them so much, something just had to be done with them. It started as a fiction project...a sequel to the Forte game called "Forte 2000". But we actually started playing a little bit, and got some of the other players involved, and they created new characters, too. So it became an actual game...for a little while. But it started to evolve and became more of a virtual campaign, with fiction and fictional game reports. And a lot of art.

So the site is sort of half-real-campaign, half-fictional. But we have a lot of fun with it. Thought I'd share. I'll tell you right away, don't go looking for sheets. Sorry about that. Don't have any up at this time, but we're working on it. But lots of fun stuff to look at, lots of (I hope) cool stories, and a really badass collection of campaign art...most done by a guy named Eryck Webb, but some by other artists (like a guy named Storn you may have heard of).

So, if you just dig super-hero stories and great-looking hero art, all stuff born from a Champions game, drop on in and check it out. Love to hear what you think. Might give you some ideas, you never know. Hope you check it out, and hope you enjoy.

Michael O'Connell

oconnellmd@aol.com

P.S. -- While you're there, try the "Forte Universe" link. Goes to some other Forte-related pages that are in the works, too.

Re: Forte 2000 - My Campaign site

Site looks real good. Like the characters. Renier looks cool!

Thanks for checking it out. Doesn't he? You can thank artist Eryck Webb for that. He took the orginal artist/creator's concept and really made it his own. You can tell that's his favorite character to draw.

"Forte" was the name of a very successful campaign that ran for a number of years. It was featured heavily in The Clobberin' Times' date=' the Champions APA that I helped found and was central mailer of for a couple of years (you might recognize the names of some of the Clobberin' Times members...Dave Mattingly, Sean A. Vierra, Chris Avellone, "Common Grounds" creator Troy Hickman, and some guy named Steve Long (whatup, guys?)). The campaign officially ended when everyone went away, but continued on in convention games at our annual San Diego Comic-Con gatherings, and in fiction and such. We just couldn't let it die.[/quote']

Well, that Sean A. Veira. However, you should see how badly some of my in-laws miss it up.:D

Great to see Forte material again. Makes me remember how much I miss The Clobberin' Times.

Well, that Sean A. Veira. However, you should see how badly some of my in-laws miss it up.:D

Great to see Forte material again. Makes me remember how much I miss The Clobberin' Times.

Arg! I had it right the first time. Then I happened to have an old 'Times issue out and saw it with two R's, so I changed it. Got to learn to go with your instincts...

Great to hear from you! Yeah, we all kind of miss the old Clobberin' Times. Actually, in case you hadn't heard, we've got a Yahoo group up for old 'Times members. Quite a few of the old gang there. I'll drop you a note and get your e-mail address and send you an invite. Love to see you on there for a little message board chat. Plus, it'll give you a chance to check out the all-new Clobberin' Times Online (yes, there is such a thing!).

Hey, Sean, wasssup? Glad to see you around these parts. I was trying to locate former Times members for us to invite to the Yahoo Group (and to see our new Clobberin' Times online - almost a year old now). I managed to locate Rex's email but I was searching for yours too. Lo and behold, here you are! Awesome. Mike'll invite you as the group and CTO was his idea (though I nudged him a ton along the way...:) )

Hey' date=' Sean, wasssup? Glad to see you around these parts. I was trying to locate former Times members for us to invite to the Yahoo Group (and to see our new Clobberin' Times online - almost a year old now). I managed to locate Rex's email but I was searching for yours too. Lo and behold, here you are! Awesome. Mike'll invite you as the group and CTO was his idea (though I nudged him a ton along the way...:) )[/quote']

Way ahead of you, pal...

Mike, we're always pretty much running in sync on this stuff. Scary, eh?

Stats would be cool at some point. So far, Dave Mattingly and I are the only ones regularly doing stats for the Clobberin' Times online (he with is Power Point articles and me with my World Of Maenza: Online site). But I really like your presentation level on your site - the flow and design are pleasing and easy to follow. I try to model my own stuff off of yours when I can.