Well, what a fine mess I've gotten into

incrdbil

From talking about PBEM's to now running one..just never having particiapted in one before. Ok, everyone laugh at the greenhorn and the inevitable mistakes I'll make.

At least I've got some lively players who ubmitted characters. I asked for relatively talented normals as a building block for the future superhero characters. (There will be an in game acquisition of powers.)

I got a good investigative reporter, who will take like a duck to water to his new abilities and the amazing new trouble it can get him into.

A young new pro golfer, nicely done write-up and excellent spring board for a future superhero (a great example of writing someone who has the natural hero inclinations prior to powers)

A stewardess overcoming a rough childhood, and much more than what you would think of your stereotypical stewardess--actually the braniest one in the bunch.

And Joe, the guy who sells shoes at Wal Mart, complete with Analyze: Persons Shoe Size, 5 Point Psych limit: Wont shop anywhere but Wal Mart, KS: Wal Mart Stores and the grand finale......KS: Roleplaying games, which ties in nicely to Social Limitation: Lives in mom's basement.

The perfect 'reality check' character.

I only hope my inexperience doesn't inhibit the fun I hope to give this bunch. Any suggestions for a first time PBEM GM?

Re: Well, what a fine mess I've gotten into

Well, first, it sounds like a great group of characters!

As for actual help, others could tell you better than I. Obvious stuff like let folks know how often they are expected to post (and if you're unsure, ask them what would be best for them), try to spread the limelight around, etc.

Re: Well, what a fine mess I've gotten into

Ok' date=' everyone laugh at the greenhorn and the inevitable mistakes I'll make. [/quote']

Mistakes might happen. But one of the joys of RPG is that one can cause a major catastrophe, and no one actually suffers: the other gamers just have to improvise very quickly. (Some of them might be laughing too hard to manage that, of course.) Actually, I salute you: to leap into the role of GM in an unfamiliar context takes courage. But I believe it won't be as messy a game as you fear. Fare thee well.

M.