Who Would Win: Deathstroke the Terminator vs. Captain America, Sentinel of Liberty

Vigil

Re: Who Would Win: Deathstroke the Terminator vs. Captain America, Sentinel of Liberty

i recall the instance you're siting. Gar snapped, turned into an elephant and tried to crush/gore deathstroke to death. The thing about that was, Slade wasn't fighting back. he was remorseful (for some reason or other) and didn't care if he lived, if I recall correctly.

I guess the issue is one of whether 45 can be considered "significant" superhuman STR. That's the level that Spidey would have. Is his STR significant? I think that Spidey, like Slade is considered as something other than a brick although his STR qualifies him as a low end one. I mean, look at it this way, Luke Cage is considered more of a brick than Spodey even though his STR score may well be lower. I guess it's as much in the attitude as the stats.

Vigil

Re: Who Would Win: Deathstroke the Terminator vs. Captain America, Sentinel of Liberty

I mean, look at it this way, Luke Cage is considered more of a brick than Spodey even though his STR score may well be lower. I guess it's as much in the attitude as the stats.

Vigil

Well, a brick generally has higher defenses also, not just superstrength. Cage's defenses would be much higher than Spidey's thus he's more of a brick.

i recall the instance you're siting. Gar snapped, turned into an elephant and tried to crush/gore deathstroke to death. The thing about that was, Slade wasn't fighting back. he was remorseful (for some reason or other) and didn't care if he lived, if I recall correctly.

I guess the issue is one of whether 45 can be considered "significant" superhuman STR. That's the level that Spidey would have. Is his STR significant? I think that Spidey, like Slade is considered as something other than a brick although his STR qualifies him as a low end one. I mean, look at it this way, Luke Cage is considered more of a brick than Spodey even though his STR score may well be lower. I guess it's as much in the attitude as the stats.

Vigil

IIRC Gar was not even remotely rational, and was turning into things that Don't live on THIS planet...

Re: Who Would Win: Deathstroke the Terminator vs. Captain America, Sentinel of Libert

Captain America is at peak human potential while Slade is past that. Heck' date=' Slade was able to react to Kid Flash (snip)[/quote']

Well, Batman too was able to react to Wally West. So all we need to do is determine whether Batman can beat Captain America and... err... no, let's not go there. :hush:

Could be. There was period there when there were 2 Titans books running and one had an arc where Gar started assuming alien, Lovecraftian forms so that could be what you're referring to. Or, my memory could be faulty. One's as likely as the other. IIRC, the story I'm thinking of occured sometime around #55 of Tales of the Teen Titans. Maybe it was the aftermath of The Judas Contract where Gar blamed Slade for Terra's death or something similar.

Vigil

Wait a minute, Solomon. Are you suggesting that there could be any possible dispute in who would win if Cap fought Bat-Man? :nonp:

Clearly, in any such fight, Deathstroke would win.

Re: Who Would Win: Deathstroke the Terminator vs. Captain America, Sentinel of Libert

Comic book characters don't have stats, they have stories. Whoever the writer wanted to win would win.

Most of the time it would be Captain America. He's the hero.

Unles the story called for Deathstroke to win, or the writer just hated Cap, in which case Deathstroke triumphs.

All the rest is wanking.

Apparently my attempt at humor fell somewhat flat. That's exactly what I was trying to express, Oddhat.

Be that as it may, as a resident of Voorhees NJ, I would assume that you would be partial to your city's namesake, Jason, in any such contests.

Apparently my attempt at humor fell somewhat flat. That's exactly what I was trying to express, Oddhat.

Be that as it may, as a resident of Voorhees NJ, I would assume that you would be partial to your city's namesake, Jason, in any such contests.

Sorry. Sense of humor seems to be turned off at the moment; that post came accross a bit more harsh than I intended.

Could be. There was period there when there were 2 Titans books running and one had an arc where Gar started assuming alien, Lovecraftian forms so that could be what you're referring to. Or, my memory could be faulty. One's as likely as the other. IIRC, the story I'm thinking of occured sometime around #55 of Tales of the Teen Titans. Maybe it was the aftermath of The Judas Contract where Gar blamed Slade for Terra's death or something similar.

Vigil

That was iirc the one, he was pulling creatures out of his subconscious and imagination was my actual interpretation.