Hero Prime Directive

Kehrer

Re: Hero Prime Directive

*chuckles* Well, technically at least Prime Directive isn't linked to Trek beyond TOS so....

Anyway, just amusing myself imagining adapting the SFB Doomsday Ed. to Hero.... On the bright side; plenty of ships. On the down side; you think people are intimidated by 5th ed?

... Go Kzinti!

If you look at the data in my link, you will see I put a Kzinti Doctor on Board the USS Kennesaw

http://www.seenar.com/games/primedirective/prime.html

Look under Setting

*chuckles* Well, technically at least Prime Directive isn't linked to Trek beyond TOS so....

Anyway, just amusing myself imagining adapting the SFB Doomsday Ed. to Hero.... On the bright side; plenty of ships. On the down side; you think people are intimidated by 5th ed?

... Go Kzinti!

Well, the starship combat system would not be replicated in Hero (if I understand correctly); only the system-specific role-playing material is different. So, all the flavor and background text is the same in Prime Directive D20, D6, Hero, CoC (grin), etc.

I'd volunteer to do the conversion myself if I had the time (my skillz may not be up to it, but I'd volunteer!)... maybe next year, after the new plant is up and in production... (sigh).

That is one of my biggest beefs with TNG... okay, we don't use 'money'... but the officers play POKER?!?!?!?!

Poker without meaningful stakes is *BORING*!!!!!!!!!!!

So what do they play for??? The right to spank Troi?

What does she play for??? The right to dress up Worf in baby clothes???

The Federation in TNG is a replicator based economy. The ramifications of this are explained in an old SF novel called THE COMPLETE VENUS EQUILATERAL. Basically, in such an economy, goods are no longer the basis of the economy (want your driveway paved with gold? Set the replicator and crank it out. How about a Mona Lisa for each room of the house? What? Caviar, Filet Mignon, and Dom Perignon for dinner - again?!?)

The only basis left for such an economy is services. Yes, this does remind one of the Firefly crew playing for chores to avoid. Though one can also speculate if they were playing poker with sexual favors as stakes.:nonp: