Video Broadcast

Armitage

I've been tinkering with various ways to create a camera that would broadcast whatever it perceived to anyone within range who had HRRP tuned to the proper frequency. I've mentioned it here before.

Clairsentience to look through the camera would only work for a single specific receiver, unless you bought it with about +30 worth of Usable By Others. Simple HRRP, Transmit Only might work, but lacks a certain elegance.

Today, inspiration struck:

Remote Camera: Radio Group Images 1" radius, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Hour (+0), MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2) (7 Active Points); Set Effect (Things seen and heard; -1), OAF (Camera; -1), No Range (-1/2), Limited Effect HRRP (-1/4)

7 Active Points, 2 Real Points.

Using this construct, anyone within 5km who has HRRP could perceive the audio and video feed from the camera.

Also, since smaller distinct images can be created within the area covered by Images, this could work for tracking devices too; filling the area with the radio equivalent of thousands of little arrows, all pointing at the transmitter. Or, more realistically, a perceivable change in signal density leading to the transmitter.

Opinions?

Re: Video Broadcast

Your build looks good.. I would add on "Affected By Sight and Hearing Groups" as you can cover the lense' date=' overload the mic, etc... or otherwise render it inoperable by means other than blocking HRRP.[/quote']

I had thought of that, but when Hero Designer wouldn't let me add it (since it's not a Sense) I realized that it's pretty much covered by the Set Effect. Since the camera can only transmit what it sees, if you Flash it, it can't transmit anything since it can't see anything.