Any Interest in Spelljammer Hero?

Myrmidon

Re: Any Interest in Spelljammer Hero?

Originally posted by Myrmidon

Hey is anyone interested in Spelljammer Hero?

If theres any interest I might just write up a conversion guide.

Cheers, David

Ya know...

This is one of those odd synchronicities that make me feel like I'm living in a Dickens' novel. I just started a once-a-month Spelljammer campaign with my current gaming group, and I thought it would be a great way to slowly introduce them to Hero for something other than Champions.

So, if YOU wanna save me all the conversion trouble, I - for one - would be very happy to see it.

I dunno about a direct conversion, but even before Spelljammer came out I wanted to see a HERO setting of spellcasters in space -- my personal title for it was "Space Wizards." I think in the HERO Universe meta-setting it would be a great thing to see in the early fourth millennium. :D

Conversion Goals

Basically what I would try and do in the conversion is provide some of the basic conversions of the spelljammer AD&D crunchy bits into Hero crunchy bits. I would be aiming it so that the differient styles of Fantasy Hero people play could be accomidated and remain true to the spirit of Jamming 8)

I'll try and do conversions of a few common jammers, but heres an example of how I'm thinking of approaching helms as an addon to vehicles.

"Spelljamming Helms"

Elemental Control: Major Arcane Helm

1) +10 Speed

2) 10" Flight *2 NCM, 0 Endurance +1/2, Megascale (1 Hex = 500 meter Hex) +1/4

3) Faster Than Light (Spelljamming Speed)

The Helm is an OIF (The helms bolted down), with the side effect of draining magic (haven't worked that out yet).

Of course less expensive Helms can be purchased that are less capable. But hey a mage might well have the spell Haste(+4 Speed or more 8) and being able to move on all 12 segments could be important.

Besides the conversion to hero vehicle rules is easy to handle since its straight hex to hex conversion 8)

Once Fantasy Hero gets out I try and include racial pacakges for the Giff, Scro, and all the other fun character races out there. Of course for the Giant Space Hamsters as well 8)

Cheers, David

Guest C_Zeree

I hate to admit it, almost, but I like the new revision of the setting they did. Specifically for the Drow/Illithid interaction & feel. Didn't care much for the splitting up of the races to different planets and whatnot. However it still kept the flavor of swashbuckling and adventure.

I would be interested in conversions as well.

Sorry I've been away

Sorry I have updated anything yet.

I've been away since thursday. The biggest hang up this far is with ship to ship combat.

Are the diffirent SR's merely a matter of Speed, or actual increased flight. I'm leaning towards increased Speed myself.

Basically more experienced characters who are likely to have greater speeds can helm jammers and act on higher speeds.

Thoughts?

Hey I figured why not mix my favorite fantasy rping setting with the best games mechanics out there.

For the offical spelljammer site: http://www.darkwood.org/sj/index.html

Where the flame is kept alive (although far away from the Pholgistin) on the one of the most inventive settings out there, with the best city bar none (The Rock of Bral just rules) :D

That bit of shameless promotion for my fav setting behind what would people like to see in a conversion guide?

Cheers, David

Guest C_Zeree

SJ Conversion

Originally posted by Myrmidon

what would people like to see in a conversion guide?

Off the top

1. Maneuverability Class to HERO

I do not have TUV, but I know there are Adv to flight that modifies turn rate. Basically this is the idea of MC right?

Alternatively you could have the helm & mage provide extra speed, limited for movement/turning only.

2. Helms

Your EC idea was cool.

Lifejammers, Brain Pools, Forges

3. Siege weapons

Fantasy hero should best shed light on ballistae, catapults, and other crewed siege weapons common to jammers. But if not...

4. Flintlock weapons

Conversions for flintlock/matchlock pistols/rifles common in the SJ genre.

RKA’s with END reserves & limited REC probably.

Of course any races you want to throw in, I have a conversion for the neogi I could post. Not really true to D&D, but my own version. Space hamsters are optional. ;)