Real People Plot Seeds #1

Marchwarden

In New York City, on December 8, 1980, John Lennon was shot twice in the chest and twice in the shoulder, by a deranged fan. He died of massive hemorrhaging, after losing 80% of his blood.

Now, his son Julian, since grown to manhood, has remained something of an enigma. While recordings of his are relatively rare, many have marvelled at the uncanny resemblance of his voice to that of his father. Nonetheless, he has never vigorously pursued a musical career, nor has he exploited his celebrity status. He avoids the media, shuns the trendy hangouts of the rich and famous and does not make conspicuous public contributions to charity (not to say he doesn't donate; he apparently keeps his causes private).

I made up none of the above; so far, it's all been factual. And yet, in a slightly different world, in a universe of Champions, what ought we to think of a reclusive young multimillionaire whose father was so violently torn from life? Julian Lennon has had all the money, all the time and certainly all the motive he needs. And was that terrible murder merely the lunatic act of a solitary madman? Was some darker agency at work? The influence of a most villainous mind? And to what fateful ends might such questions drive Julian? What precisely has he been doing with his life, out of the public eye, a mystery to all but a few intimates?

Nowhere to be seen, nowhere to be found, nowhere to be recognized.

Nowhere Man.

Re: Real People Plot Seeds #1

Originally posted by Marchwarden

I made up none of the above; so far, it's all been factual.

Well, maybe sorta. ;) Julian Lennon's had five albums. While that's hardly historicly prolific, it's also hard to describe it by saying "he has never pursued a musical career." Also, I'm not that sure how much of his father's money he has. Remember that John left a widow, and has a child with her as well. I doubt Julian's name would have been at the top of the will when it came to doling out the inheritance. Don't get me wrong... I doubt he's missing any meals. But he may not have inherited millions from his father, either. :)

(I know this isn't directly related to the topic at hand. Just wanted to chime in with my .02)

Re: Re: Real People Plot Seeds #1

Originally posted by Derek Hiemforth

Well, maybe sorta. ;) Julian Lennon's had five albums. While that's hardly historicly prolific, it's also hard to describe it by saying "he has never pursued a musical career." Also, I'm not that sure how much of his father's money he has. Remember that John left a widow, and has a child with her as well. I doubt Julian's name would have been at the top of the will when it came to doling out the inheritance. Don't get me wrong... I doubt he's missing any meals. But he may not have inherited millions from his father, either. :)

(I know this isn't directly related to the topic at hand. Just wanted to chime in with my .02)

Amended. Thanks for the catch. I sometimes get the real Julian confused with the version of him from our old campaign (the GM used him as the sponsor/bankroller of our team, and played up the more Bruce-Waynish elements of his character).

I was tossing the idea of a character that had been "raised" in the afterworld and returned to earth when he had grown. It was an angelic type super. Anyway, he had a number of mentors. The one who came with him to watch over him in the earth realm was John Lennon.