Pulp Miniatures Page

Steve Long

This may have been posted before (perhaps in one of QM's "Resources" posts), but in case it hasn't I thought I'd bring it to Herodom's attention. While looking for cool Pulp miniatures for my PH campaign, I came across this useful page, which sort of "catalogs" other pages/lines of figures appropriate for Pulp games:

http://wk.frothersunite.com/sc/pulp/Pulpsc.htm

Re: Pulp Miniatures Page

I've got one or two Eurekas on the way' date=' but I order them through companies in the US that stock them. Shipping from Australia would take a little too long. ;)[/quote']

Vice versa too - takes about 2 months from the USA to Australia. Which is weird and annoying, as the UK is further away and they take 10-14 days. Maybe it's commonwealth elitism ;-p

Maybe it's commonwealth elitism

I blame the media. :eek:

I picked up a pile of figs from Pulp Figures last week. They arrived within two days of placing the order, though I'm in the same province as the company.

My first order, also from Pulp Figures, arrived two days ago; it took about a week to make it from 54'40" territory to the Old North State. Overall, I love the figures, and plan to order more. There are a couple that come in pieces and have to be glued together, which is annoying, but hopefully I won't botch the task too badly. If I do I will blame keyes_bill, who has advised me on what type of glue and related products to use. :sneaky:

My favorites, I think, are the new Weird Villains set. In fact, this week's whole scenario is based largely around a desire to use one of them in a game. ;)

Still to come: come Copplestone figures ordered via frpgames.com, and a shipment of mixed minis from Brigade Games. Somewhere amidst the lot I have African warriors, giant spiders, Haitian zombies and Caco bandits, Jivaro headhunters, cultists, and other goodies. The trick going forward is to figure out what minis I need for my games in time to order them so I get them for the game, or to design adventures around the minis I've already got. ;)

BTW, another thing that Eureka Miniatures does - which may be of interest - is the 100 Club (and the 300 Club)

http://eurekamin.com.au/custom.php

The concept being that you design your own custom miniature - if enough customers show an interest, they'll produce it.

Could be a good tie-in to the pulp mini-adventures if the main characters could be obtained as figures.

However - a local company would be better. Just an idea.