combat

steph

ok i talk with a new hero gamer friend in my area and he completly confused me...................in a combat 2 characters got a action in the same phase ....

and the 2 characters wants to attack each others..........so the one with the bigger dex attack first and kill the other ........the second one stil have the time to attack? because they have the same spd

hope i am clear

english not my first language

stef

Re: combat

Remind the slower character that he may want to Hurry so that he can boost his DEX and go first.

Or throw a block to stop the attack or abort to another defensive action.

While it may seem that "faster DEX wins everytime" in this simplistic manner, the combat mechanics allow for maneuvers and such where the "slower" character can still get in an attack and actually compete. This seems obvious if you've played Hero for a while... but if you are new to the system, it can take a while to figure that stuff out.

Good luck.

Re: combat

As a GM you can always allow a last parting shot or somesuch. I can imagine the scenario of two characters having Phases in the same Segment but only slightly different Dexterities as being a likely candidate for such a situation (I might give some hefty penalties to the slower character if I chose to allow this myself, but it can be dramaticaly fun). It may not be the rules to the letter, but sometimes the GM needs to be creative. :)