Duplicates' teamwork

SuperKlaus

'Sup homies! I'm making a character who can split himself into three parts and each new self complements the others with Mental Defense, CSLs, and stuff. Each one makes the others stronger so long as he's in the fight, right? I'm currently doing this through stuff that's Usable Simultaneously, x2 Targets (+3/4). These bonuses are only for the man and his Duplicates, though, not the other members of his team, so I'm Limiting the Advantage. What value do you all think is fair for "Usable only on Self and Duplicates", -1/2 or -1?

Or do you think it wiser to build all selves with all the bonuses involved and Limitations "Only While X is Nearby, (-1)" (like those teamwork Powers suggested in UMA)? If I went this way, would it be kosher to dispose of or shrink Altered Duplicates (+1) because the differences between selves are kinda small?

An illustration:

Number One would have Mental Defense, 10 points, and +10 PRE, Only While Number Two is There, and +1 All Combat, Only While Number Three is There.

Number Two would have MDef 10, Only While Number One is There, +10 PRE, and +1 All Combat, Only While Number Three is There.

Number Three would have MDef 10, Only #1, +10 PRE, Only #2, and +1 All Combat.

They are spending points differently, but, well...

I hope that made sense.

Re: Duplicates' teamwork

Personally I would go the 'only when dupe A/B/C is within X"' route. This means they can all be the same, so you do not need altered dupes.

I would PROBABLY only allow this at -1/2 because play style would dictate that they stay together, so unless X" is very small or lots of their enemies know their weakness, it probably is not worth much more.

It seems to me this is a simpler build overall, and will make the duplication cheaper as they all have the same powers, just slightly different limitations, I'd probably not require any level of 'altered dupe' at all.

'Sup homies! I'm making a character who can split himself into three parts and each new self complements the others with Mental Defense, CSLs, and stuff. Each one makes the others stronger so long as he's in the fight, right? I'm currently doing this through stuff that's Usable Simultaneously, x2 Targets (+3/4). These bonuses are only for the man and his Duplicates, though, not the other members of his team, so I'm Limiting the Advantage. What value do you all think is fair for "Usable only on Self and Duplicates", -1/2 or -1?

Or do you think it wiser to build all selves with all the bonuses involved and Limitations "Only While X is Nearby, (-1)" (like those teamwork Powers suggested in UMA)? If I went this way, would it be kosher to dispose of or shrink Altered Duplicates (+1) because the differences between selves are kinda small?

An illustration:

Number One would have Mental Defense, 10 points, and +10 PRE, Only While Number Two is There, and +1 All Combat, Only While Number Three is There.

Number Two would have MDef 10, Only While Number One is There, +10 PRE, and +1 All Combat, Only While Number Three is There.

Number Three would have MDef 10, Only #1, +10 PRE, Only #2, and +1 All Combat.

They are spending points differently, but, well...

I hope that made sense.

Phrasing could help here:

#1 10 points mental defence ONLY WHEN #1 is near (-0)

+1 overall level (ONLY WHEN #3 is near (-1/2))

+10 PRE (ONLY WHEN #2 is near (-1/2))

#2 10 points mental defence ONLY WHEN #1 is near (-1/2)

+1 overall level (ONLY WHEN #3 is near (-1/2))

+10 PRE (ONLY WHEN #2 is near (-0))

#3 10 points mental defence ONLY WHEN #1 is near (-1/2)

+1 overall level (ONLY WHEN #3 is near (-0))

+10 PRE (ONLY WHEN #2 is near (-1/2))

So they all have the same powers and limitations, although the limitations have differing values (as they will always be near to themselves) the overall cost is the same, and the powers and limitations are identical.

NB I made it an overall level not a combat level as the cost of the other powers is 10 points and it seemed sensible.

They could use that overall level to all coordinate if they wanted to :)

I would definately require each Dupe to buy his Powers with "only near his other Dupes" rather than each Dupe buying a punch of Power UBO. I've been down the UBO road and ended up with a trio who was collectively invulnerable and immovable, though extremely soft individually.

If each member of the trio brings his own Power to the group, Sean's write-up is perfect.