RPGnow categories

Almafeta

(I wasn't sure what forum this best went in, so I supposed the most generic one was the safest bet...)

I noticed some of your products on RPGnow are miscategorized. Namely:

• HEROgylphs belongs in the Other/Universal section of roleplaying games, not a section for non-roleplaying-games.
  • Pulp Hero and its support products belong in Modern, not Other/Universal. (Unfortunately, RPGnow has yet to create a non-d20 Pulp section to compliment their d20 Pulp section.)
  • The Ultimate Brick belongs in Super Hero, not Other/Universal.

Finally, it seems Hero Games hasn't created any custom categories. Why not? My company does it by imprint, but your products would probably be best organized by line (Dark Champsions, Pulp Hero, The Ultimate Series, et cetera).

Re: RPGnow categories

Umm...correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be something that RPGNow would have to fix? I don't think that DOJ has anything to do with their online store apart from selling them the product. How RPGNow wants to order/sort things within their own online store is up to them.

Umm...correct me if I'm wrong' date=' but wouldn't that be something that RPGNow would have to fix? I don't think that DOJ has anything to do with their online store apart from selling them the product. How RPGNow wants to order/sort things within their own online store is up to them.[/quote']

Products are inserted into categories based on where the publisher says they go; nothing in the product updating page prevents publishers putting their products into the wrong category. ^^;

IMO, The Ultimate Brick should be filed with the other Ultimates. Then again, I'm a fan of branching filing systems.:P

Granted, my current filing system has all the books in numeric order based on their catalog number; for example, Hero System Fifth Edition, Revised is DOJHERO109, and UNTIL Superpowers Database II is DOJHERO219. I'm probably going to change that soon, since the books I use most are on the shelf above my 'puter, and the others are in my bedroom.