Race Rename

Major Freedom

:help:

I am currently writing a book and need help ... Let me give you an idea of what's happening and then I'll ask for the help ...

Project Ark:

During the weeks before the cataclysm that brought the world to an end, scientist were gathered from all over the world and secured in a secret location. With them were placed specimens of every animal in the world, all placed in crygenic suspension, because of the limitations of food storage for such animals.

The scientist's were to be put into cryo sleep in shifts of ever 5 years ... Well after 5 years and an air handler that decided to cycle air in from outside instead of recycling the air inside everyone was iradiated. The scientist spent years trying to find ways to deal with the radiation poisoning, a lot of geneticists figured out that they could, clone those people that were in cryo sleep, though over the thousands of years that followed and the lack of noticing that the people in cryo sleep had also been irradiated but had the effects slowed by the fact they were in cryo sleep,

One scientist in particular had started to use animal DNA to mix with Human DNA to see if they could clone a human hybrid with the animals adaptabilities to eco changes. What came from these experiments were as monstrous as their own devolving humanity.

Before long the underground facility was too small to keep all the "people" and their food stores were getting scarcer and scarcer by the day. So the fortress opened up and out poured the Rk's denisens.

The scientist's are total albino's now, their features delicate and frail looking. All Rk's fear these masters of death and pain.

The various Rk's are as follows;

Mutates (Goblins, Orcs, Ogres, Trolls, and various beastmen)

What I'm needing help with is renaming these 4 races

Goblins

Orcs

Ogres

Trolls

Re: Race Rename

Since the origin of the races is science gone awry, you could give them 'scientific' names, then corrupt them to represent the individual race's imperfect understanding of what the names meant.

Example :

Dog Men : Homo Canis Familiarus = Hocafs

Ogres : Homo Sapiens Durus = Saduurs

Why change the names at all?

It's a Fantasy HERO game, right? Players will expect names they know. Believe it, your players will be glad to use names they know. They won't like having to memorize a bunch of made up names that are there just to be different. :)

Just say old legends were repeated, and the old names handed down thru the generations. Apply handwavium to taste. :)

Why change the names at all?

It's a Fantasy HERO game, right? Players will expect names they know. Believe it, your players will be glad to use names they know. They won't like having to memorize a bunch of made up names that are there just to be different. :)

Just say old legends were repeated, and the old names handed down thru the generations. Apply handwavium to taste. :)

he's writing a book, first line, first post.

Oop! Sorry. :o I didn't notice the post wasn't for Fantasy Hero.

It still works. Keep the expected names, say old legends were kept alive. Simplicity works. ;)

don'tapologise, I should apologise. I was a little snotty that week. I'd been threatened with banning or somesuch.

So, sorry for being a ****.