Secret Wars type in your campaign

Manchine

Has anyone done a Secret Wars type of adventure in there campaigns. I was thinking about doing something like this but Champions isnt that quick when it comes to combat. I was thinking of how I would run it in Champions.

Basic Plot

Some other dimension cosmic creature doesnt understand good or evil and wants to see the interactions in a more CONTROLED enviroment. So the Heroes and Villains are brought to the dimension with a world prebuilt for them.

I was debating whether or not to have them bring 2 of there characters a piece (6 characters played totally). The rest be NPC's that I control. (18 heroes I would be in control and 19 Villains).

Major Fights

I was thinking that I would Mark it down per round of who hits who already when it comes to NPC's. I would only DIRECTLY control 4 major Villains. The Heroes could either attack those 4 guys or help the heroes. If the Villains are left alone they attack the heroes of course.

Any ideas would be helpful. Including scenrios that could happen during the course of the Secret Wars.

Re: Secret Wars type in your campaign

I think you're on the right track with the notion of working out the NPC-on-NPC battles in advance, particularly if you're going to use pre-arranged matchups, rather than a battle royale.

Indeed, I wouldn't even bother to game them out. Narrative combat is often the best way to handle NPC combatants in any kind of large engagement. Just work out who will face whom in advance, decide what the outcome will be based on whatever writeups you have available and the needs of the story, work out a few little descriptive scenes for each mini-fight so you can tell your players what's happening, and just work that into scene descriptions.

Obviously, unless the PCs are physically prevented from intervening in a given fight, you should be prepared for them to monkey with your script. Generally, you should be prepared to game out whatever fights they happen to engage in, and hand-wave the rest. For instance, if a PC sees that their favorite NPC, Captain Heroic, is getting a major beat-down and intervene, then you should play out that intervention. If they were in the middle of a fight of their own and break off to help the NPC, and you're worried about them being overmatched, you can always have another NPC hero distract their original foe. Or even Captain Heroic... The ol' switcheroo is a time-honored tactic in comics.