Valdorian age sorcery question

steph

just want to know before make my Necromancer..........if i make a spell who need a attack (mind control , energy blast etc etc) i take my ecv or ocv for the attack or the attack? of the summoned one?

hope i am clear

englishnot my first language

stef

Re: Valdorian age sorcery question

If you use the Summon power to summon a creature with an attack form (like the ones listed on pages 175-183), you use the creature's CV. If it's a more traditional spell (like the ones listed on pages 125-136), then the summoned creature is just a special effect, and you use the caster's CV.

Re: Valdorian age sorcery question

just want to know before make my Necromancer..........if i make a spell who need a attack (mind control , energy blast etc etc) i take my ecv or ocv for the attack or the attack? of the summoned one?

hope i am clear

englishnot my first language

stef

Quick Answer:

It is special effect. Use your own stats.

Long Answer:

Spells are an exercise of the caster's will. Instead of summoning an entire creature, they are summoning the creature long enough to use their power. When you summon something, it appears, you give it orders and it goes off and does its thing. However, when you summon something for a spell, you aren't instructing it how to attack. Thus the spell is limited to how you cast it. Because of this, it is your capabilities that determine success, not the creature the powers come from.